Zaynie

Zayn stands in the doorway trying to light a cigarette. 

"Those are bad for you, ya know?" I ask more than tell him.

He shrugs and just walks to the railing and leans over it. 

"The rumors you heard about me were true. I do smoke. I have smoked since this band got big," He says, looking out toward the water.

I think for a second before asking the question that is lingering in my mind.

"Why?" I ask.

"All the pressure just builds up to the point of breaking. The fans expect us to be the most pefrect people in the world, but we can't live up to the expectation. Everyone has their way of coping with the stress, this is mine," He shrugs.

"Smoking is a sign of weakness," I say quietly.

(A/N smoking is NOT a sign of weakness it is just in here for the story's purpose. It is not there to offend anyone or make them feel terrible)

"DON'T YOU THINK I KNOW THAT!," He snaps and turns to face me. 

I back up and trip over my chair. I catch myself before I fall.

"I'm not weak," he growls. 

I look at the floor and take a deep breath before walking up next to him.

"I know. And so do all your fans. That's why you smoking is such a shock to the world. Because we all know you aren't weak and this just isn't you," I say calmly.

He takes a breath," But what if it is? What if I can't stop and it just becomes me?" 

"It won't," I say as I slowly take the cigarette from him. 

I drop it to the ground and crush it with my heel.

"Can I tell you something? Something not even El knows?" I ask him without making eye contact.

"Of course," he says kindly.

"I use to smoke, to get rid of the stress from all the bullies. I use to steal money from my mom to go buy a pack from the older kids. I would buy 2 packs everyday. And both packs would be gone by the next day," I say sadly.

"How'd you stop?" he asked.

I laugh a littlel before answering," My mom started to notice her money going missing and I had to stop cold turkey."

Zayn shivers a little when I say that.

"Ican help you stop though, I have helped quite a few people actually," I said, looking at the side of his face.

"You really think it will work?" he asks, his face looking desprate for relief.

"Of course," I smile," we can start working on it tomorrow, ok?"

"Ok," He smiles and pulls me into a hug.

I hug him back. When we pull away, a new question tugs at my mind.

"How do you do keep going? With all the people hating on you, how do you stay sane?" I ask.

"Other than smoking? I just kinda remember that life is a roller coaster. It's filled with up's and down's, but if you keep going, everything will turn out fine," he smiles.

I pull him into another hug," Thanks Zayn."

"No thank you," he says back before letting me go.

"Do you think you could show me where my room is?" I ask.

He laughs and puts an arm around me. He leads me back inside and down the long hall. He stops at the middle door on the right and opens the door for me. 

I walk in and slowly spin around, taking it all in. It is a light teal color with black swirls lining the ceiling. There is a queen sized bed on the wall closest to the door with a white and black comforter on it and 3 matching pillows. There is a black desk and a matching chair straight across from the door. A closet right next to the desk. 

"It's not much, but it was the best we could do in a weeks notice," he rubs the back of his neck.

"It's perfect," I smile.

"Your suitcase is in the closet along with the clothes El told us to buy for you and the new skateboard. Oh, and the TV is next to the closet, you just have to push the on button on the remote to reveal it from the wall," He smiles.

"Thank you!" I say with a huge smile.

"Oh, one more thing, the bathroom is down the hall toward the balcony, it should be the third door on your left. Harry is right next door and I'm just across the hall," he says before walking out of my room.

I walk over to my bed and sit down. I take a deep breath and take it all in. 

I'm living with the world's biggest boyband... And I barely even know them!!