Dear You,

I don't even know where to begin.

Throughout our high-school journey, you were my friend. You became my rock. You made me feel like I deserved to stick around. You were there to listen and talk to. I hope I was that for you too.

I wish the words could have slipped out during one of our talks, but I knew your heart belonged to someone else. It beat for one of my closest friends. Who was I to interrupt what could be between the two of you? I was happy when you beamed about her. How your eyes would light up.

I miss seeing that expression on your face. You were always such a dork.

After high-school, I haven't heard from you. You never were much for social media, and I lost your number when my old phone died. I miss seeing you. Just catching a smile from you could brighten my day.

I miss those days we spent watching silly videos together and singing along to songs despite everyone else being sick of our voices. I miss hearing that voice, so unique to you. I've never heard another like it.

I'm forever thankful for the time we spent together. Even if you'll never know the extra beat you added to my heart. Even if our paths never cross again. I cherish the memories. The laughter. The quiet. The dancing. Every minute I was gifted with you.

My heart still refuses to let go, years later. I have no idea where you went after school. I just know that I miss you. I cherish the memories but, oh, what I would give to see you again. I'm not sure I've missed anyone more...

I hope life treats you well and that, maybe one day, we can meet again. There's plenty of new songs to sing and silly videos to watch.

To the boy I loved before, but never expressed it

sincerely yours,

-me