Prologue

He looks me in the eye, pushing the delicate girl behind him. "You mind explaining to us who the hell you are? What the fuck do you want with us?! Do you work with them? Do you plan on making us objects like you are to those humans?"

I pant, looking from Alice to the aggressive sound speaking. "I'd be showing an act of thanks over what you're doing," Alice calmly speaks. "Romee didn't come here to start something with you idiots." Alice frowns, turning away from the painfully looking twins and the disheveled girl. "She did this because she understands your hurt," Alice says softly, almost in a suffering whisper. "We're just like you are."

One of the twins lets out a breath of cynicism. "You're telling us to believe that? Go back to your damn people and don't show yourself in front of us again. We want nothing to do with you," he says aggressively. "You're nothing like us. You know nothing." Alice quickly moves from me, walking to one of the twins with both her hands in a fist.

I pull her back. "Alice, stop!" Alice struggles to free herself from my grip. "Alice, it's fine! Leave it Alone!" Alice slowly weakens in my arm, letting out a cry of anger. I let her go, making her stand behind me as she swings her arm for another attempt.

"Keep your dog on a leash," one of the twins spits cruelly, his hand circling in flames. "You don't know who you're messing with. We're dangerous people. I suggest you stay out of this and go back to where you came from. We don't need help from the likes of you two. You're just kids. Compared to us, you're nothing but two incredibly weak humans."

I cringe, keeping up an expressionless face. "Are you done?" The twin curves his lip to a smile, one not too friendly. "I don't care how you see me, but don't go around being a fucking ass and calling Alice a dog. We're dangerous people too. I'd be just as careful." Both twins look at me confuse and defensive; the girl behind them giving the same look. "I'm okay with you not wanting anything to do with us. Alice and I came here knowing that we'd have to put up with this sort of resistance. Convincing you, however, is not on our to-do list, so you either choose to side with us or not. Our only intention was to help save you and then leave with or without you. I don't care either way."

"What bullshit are you talking about? What in our right mind would make us side with you two? To be in some sort of alliance where you're the fucking leader or something? That's a fucking joke."

I sigh. "You think I'd still be here arguing with you if I were not in some ways like you are? Are your ears just for show? Alice and I are people with abilities just like yours whether you want to believe it or not." I turn around, gesturing Alice our cue to leave. "The choice is up to you three. Take our intentions for this choice of options however you will, it doesn't matter" I say, my back turned to them.