Chapter 2

14 years later (Orion's POV):

The years rolled by and Rocket went from being a sparkling to a young teenaged mech. He was full of life and was willing to learn everything. That also included being a warrior which really concerned me and Ariel. However, he, with a little help from our closest friend Megatronous, told us that he would train with him. We felt more relaxed and they would train everyday 'till Rocket became an experienced warrior. "Well done Sky Rocket. You're now ready to fight against decepticons that will stand in your way," said Megatronous while they were making their way back to our home. I looked at Ariel who was rubbing her stomach and I sat down next to her and we kissed. I placed a servo on her stomach and felt the sparkling kick. "She's kicking," I said. "She's been kicking since this morning. I can't wait for us to be a family of four," said Ariel. I laughed and said,"Neither can I." "Same here." We looked up to see Rocket and Megatronous standing in front of us. "I'm happy for all three of you. Congratulations to you all," said Megatronous. "Thank you old friend," I said. He smiled. Rocket walked up to Ariel and he kissed her stomach. "Hey little sister. Can't wait to see you when you come out. Love you," said Rocket. "You're going to be a great big brother Rocket," she said and she kissed his helm. "That is something that we both believe in," I said and I gave my son a hug. "Um, I have something to tell you all. I will be going to the high counsel tomorrow and I was wondering if you all would like to come and watch," said Megatronous. "Of course," I said. "We'll be there," said Elita. "You'll do great tomorrow," said Rocket. Megatronous smiled. "I will see you all tomorrow. Goodnight." "Goodnight," we said in unison and then he left. That night, I couldn't go back to recharge because I had a bad feeling about what Megatronous is intending to do tomorrow. I just knew that it was going to be horrible. "Orion?" I turned to see Ariel awake and worried. "Are you ok?" she asked me. I sighed and said,"I'm worried." "About what my love?" "About tomorrow," I said. "Why do you say that? Why are you so worried about tomorrow?" asked Ariel. I sighed sadly. "Megatronous is not the same mech that we all know and love. I fear that he is changing drastically. I sensed it. I do not know what he is going to say to the high counsel but I fear that he might say something that they will not be pleased with," I said. Ariel came up to me and we kissed and hugged each other. She could feel my anxiety and fear through our bond so she sent love and reassurance to me through it. "My love, I know that you're afraid but it will be alright. However, if you need to step in at one point tomorrow, that would be the time to do so," she said. I smiled and kissed her. "I love you," I said. "I love you too," she replied and we kissed and hugged each other again. Then we laid down on our berth and we went back to recharge.

The next day (Sky Rocket's POV):

My parents and I sat down in our seats and watched Megatronous stand before the high counsel ready to give his speech. I looked over to my right to see Mother holding Father's servo and rubbing his arm. Something was bugging him but I didn't know what it was. "Father?" He and Mother looked at me. "You ok? You look kind of worried," I said. "I am fine Rocket. Just....peachy," he said. 'Liar,' I thought to myself. "Ok," I said. We watched as Megatronous continued talking to the high counsel. "And why should you become the next Prime?" said one of the members of the high counsel. "Because I'm an experienced warrior and leader. I've lead troops into battle many times and I've made sure that peace would come to us after we defeated our mortal enemies. If you make a prime, I will the best leader I can be and we will destroy our enemies so that way we will have everlasting peace," said Megatronous. "That's why he wants to become a prime? To destroy enemies? That's not like him Mother and Father. That's not what he told me. That's not like him at all," I said. "It's not. I agree with you and your father. He has changed," said Mother. I then noticed that Father was gone. "Where's Father?" I asked Mother. "There." We saw Father making his way towards Megatronous and the high counsel. "What's he-" "Son, let him handle this. Your father knows what he's doing," said Mother. We sat and listened to what Father had to say. "High counsel, I do not believe in violence. Nor do I believe that violence should be used as a last resort to bring peace on Cybertron. We may have lost friends and family members in battle. However, we must not let their loss cloud our judgement. If we do, we cannot have everlasting peace. It is best to find ways to have peace and happiness between both sides. If we don't, our world will not continue to thrive. If we do, it will continue to thrive," said Father. Whoa was all Mother and I could say. "What is your name good sir?" asked one of the members of the high counsel. "My name is Orion Pax, archivist at the Iacon Hall of Records," said Father. "Orion, your words have definitely moved us. We all think that you have what it takes to be the next prime." Megatronous glared at Father and walked away. "Orion, have you heard of the matrix of leadership?" "I have," said Father. "When the time comes, go to Primus and he will give it to you. You will be the last prime and leader of our kind." "But I am no leader sir. I am not ready for that kind of responsibility. I am just a regular archivist," said Father. "Orion, no one ever is ready to become one. However, the matrix of leadership only presents itself to those who are worthy to become the next prime. And to us, you, Orion, do have what it takes to become a prime. We do not know when that time will come Orion. That is something that we do not know. However, you must be prepared for whenever that time comes," said the leader of the high counsel.  "I am prepared," said Father. Mother and I looked at each other and then back at Father and the high counsel. I then saw Megatronus leaving the building angry and he looked up at me menacingly. His optics went from being the color blue to bright glowing red. That scared me.

2 nights later:

I couldn't get the image of Megatronus staring at me like that. Optics glowing red and seeing him snarling at me. It was beyond terrifying. I didn't know why I had this feeling but I knew something bad was going to happen. "I know this might be dangerous but I'm going to talk to Megatronus. See if I can reason with him," I said to myself. I successfully sneaked out of the housing unit, transformed into my Cybertronian vehicle mode and drove off Megatronus's new ship called "The Nemesis."