~Chapter 15~

~Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path~

******

The next morning Manik was suited up in his best attire of three piece black suit with white shirt and grey-ish tie going well with it.

Not that he was really happy to dress up

Not that he was really happy to dress up. But it was a big day for him. He was getting married to a beautiful soul - Veebha, who loves him to infinite times but his mind was preoccupied with so many thoughts. Like, will he be able to love her back, not with the same intensity but a little of it? Will he be able to nurture Ahan without Nandini? Heck, will he even win the case of custody for which he was doing all this? Was he even doing right?

He sighed and looked at himself in the giant mirror as his stylist fixed his tie. He started making him wear the coat too but he stopped him. The stylist understood and kept the crisp ironed coat on the couch leaving Manik alone in his miseries.

His marriage registration was exactly at twelve in the afternoon and it was already past ten.

He blinked his eyes twice and decided to talk to Veebha before he actually marries her. That girl deserves all the happiness in the world for standing beside a monster like him. At least he can give a bit of an assurance that he will try to mend things between them once Ahan is with him. Maybe then he will give a chance to their relationship.

Closing his eyes, he breathed heavily as he tried erasing Nandini's face from his thoughts. Didn't it burn him? His heart was mercilessly excavated. His star... His Nandini... he was going to put an end to whatever they had for final now. By going with custody case, he knew Nandini won't be able to take it. Everyone was against of it but then what should he do? Should he sit back and watch his son call other man his father? Should he be silent seeing her happy and die every second? A little share of happiness even he wanted. But if he asked for it, he became wrong and if Nandini all this while did the same she was right. Everytime people judged him he felt so substandard. He is not a thing to be judged nor his love for Nandini. But everytime people or situations put him in a fix that always create distance between him and Nandini. He was standing at a place where he knew whatever he was doing won't be accepted by his love.

Somewhere the lover in him felt too much of betrayed. Also the father in him. His love married another man and made a happy family. Betrayal. The mother of his child gave all his son's first to an unknown man and hid the buggest truth from him. Betrayal. Does in his entire life he deserves only betrayal?

He gulped down the tears and walked towards the door to talk to Veebha who he was going to marry. From inside he now seriously wanted to give their relationship a chance but of course something felt not right.

As soon as he opened the door he found Veebha already standing there all decked up in a red saree looking beautiful in her own. But her eyes held pain and sadness. Her eyes were puffy. Manik sighed and held her hand only to pull her inside the room. She walked with him until the center of the living room of his room. She looked at him while he looked at his hands which held hers lightly.