There goes everything

Mari's P.O.V

The next morning Jack didn't even bother texting me. On the bus I listened to Owl City, Bruno Mars and Fall Out Boy while daydreaming as I stared out the window like always. Today I was the one waiting for Ashley and she texted me saying that she would be late so I walked to our usual spot. Once I got there I went on my phone so I didn't look like a complete loner and then I saw someone approach me that clearly wasn't Ashley. "Jack!" I yelled as I threw my bags down and wrapped my arms around him. Oh how I missed how it feels when I hug him and the way he smells and the soft touch of his hair and skin and- it was then that I realized that he wasn't hugging back but he was just standing there "Mari" I backed away from him as he said my name "Mari there's something that I've been needing to tell to for a while now and I've been trying to tell-" He stopped as he saw tears fill my eyes, I didn't know what he was gonna say but I had a feeling and I knew that even if I was wrong it still wouldn't be good. He closed his eyes but every word he said he said it like it wasn't painful at all. " Mari I think we should break up. It's jus-" " Jack no! I love you and you know I love you and I'll never stop and you know that! Why are you doing this to me?" I couldn't help but cry a little even though I was holding it back. Then Jack yelled over me "I just don't feel anything anymore!" Then with a straight face without a single ounce of sorrow he walked away as I fell to the floor. I gave up all my strength right then and there. My strength to stand, my strength to hold back the tears and my strength to believe that everything turns out okay. Ashley walked through the doors and ran to me when she saw me and I told her everything which made me cry even more and it didn't matter to me that everyone was looking at me...nothing mattered.

The bell rang to go to class and Ashley practically dragged me to English. Why did he have to break up with me? Especially before school! I was a mess all day. After school Ashley came inside of my house with me and I walked into my room and fell on my bed and let out a really loud whale and then cried so hard it was silent. "Mari I know you're sad but you can't just be sad all the time you have to see the bright side of things. Look at the sun and how it shines so beautifully with its light and no matter what it keeps shinning. Where's your shinning light Mari?" Ashley had always known how to cheer me up and it worked but not for long.

It was 11pm and it was dark and quiet and my room had an occupancy of two. Me and my thoughts. At first they were good and inspirational but then they grew cold, dark and painful. Memories of the past year of my life with Jack and I kept repeating themselves in my brain then one of them flicked on a switch. A switch of anger.

I remembered when Jack Said that he would stay with me no matter what for as long as we may both live. He promised he would stay. He promised. Anger rose up inside of me as I stood up off of my now messed up bed. I grabbed all of the stuff that Jack left at my house and everything that he gave me into a box and walked towards my window and slowly and carefully opened up the window along with the screen and climbed out. I went to my car and somehow turned it on with out waking anybody then I drove off.