since when do you care?

well hi. im cierra nicole trent, im 16 and I live in moorseville North Carolina. I'm not very popular, well not at all actually. I've been bullied since I was 13. it all started when I went on my first date, all though I don't consider it a date because it practically ruined my life. it was with nash grier, aka my bully, or at least one of them. we were good friends that year, but after that date i didn't look him in the eye ever again. I live with my mom and older brother. oh and did i forget about my cousin and best friend, cameron dallas? well, yeah. I have long brown hair and bright green eyes, and I'm really short. but I don't mind. I'm confident with myself other than the bullying.

"cierra sweatie, are you ready for school yet?" my mom asks from the door way. i groan. I hoped that she forgot and wouldn't make me go. i climb out of bed and get my outfit. I put on a pair of plain black leggings and a blue loose knitted sweater along with an infinity scarf that has crosses on it. I felt like being comfortable today. I pull half of my hair back and leave the other half down. I put on some mascara and walk downstairs since I'm ready. I slip on my brown bear paws and walk to the door.

"bye mom, love you!" i yell before exiting.

***

I pull in the parking lot of my favorite place (note the sarcasm) and step out of the car. as usual, people stare at me and make side jokes. I ignore it because it happens on a daily basis and walk into school. I walk down the hall not minding anything until I'm slammed into my locker. it hurts my arm pretty bad, but I remain on my feet. I look at who it is and sure enough it's a jock. i roll my eyes and start to walk away but I'm pulled back and thrown to the ground. I fall on my back but sit up right away.

everyone around me is laughing sure enough. i hold the tears that are swelling in my eyes back and take a deep breath. I normally don't break down, not at school at least.

"are you okay?" a deep voice with a thick accent that I know way to well asks. I look up with a expression full of disgust.

"don't act like you care." i spit out to nash and stand up. he looks at me and rolls his eyes before brushing past me, causing me to hit the locker again. I walk down the hall holding the stinging spot on my arm. until I finally get to my locker. Today's gonna be a long day, I can tell.

***

finally, today's over and it's friday. I get a whole weekend of peace. I walk in the front door and trudge to the living room. I plop on the couch and turn on the tv not really paying any attention because im on twitter.

"honey, get ready we're going to the grier's for dinner!" my mother yells.

oh yeah, did I mention my mom is best friends with nash's mom? well she is. and it sucks. I groan.

"do I HAVE to?" i yell back in frustration.

"yes. elizabeth is ordering pizza." she winks at me. I roll my eyes.

"whatever."

"are you ready to go?" she asks.

"ready as ever!" I sarcastically reply. she glares at me and we go outside. nash lives down the street so we can just walk. the walk there is silent but quick. when we finally arrive my mother knocks right away, she's really overly excited. seconds after we knock the door flys open to reveal hayes.

"CIERRA!" he screams and hugs me. I laugh and hug back. we walk inside and hayes shuts the door. we enter the kitchen to find will, Elizabeth, Johnny, and nash.

"ciewwa!" sky squeals and hugs my leg. I laugh, she can't really say cierra right. i pick her up and hug her and place her on the ground.

"oh honey, you made it!" Elizabeth says while embracing me in a hug. I smile and laugh lightly while hugging back.

"ew don't hug me." will says when I walk towards him.

"nice to see you too." I laugh.

"I'm just kidding, come here." he smiles and hugs me. I hug back and stand between him and nash. I don't say anything to nash. I think the bruises and injuries say enough.

our parents start to have a major conversation about politics or whatever and will leaves the room. there's an awkward tension between me and nash and it sucks.

"why don't you two go in your room or something?" Elizabeth says to nash.

he shrugs and walks to the stairs and up to his room as I follow. we walk in his room and shut the door behind us. he sits on his bed and pulls out his phone as if he doesn't even know im here. I roll my eyes.

"soo.." I say leaning against the door to his closet. he looks at me and doesn't say anything.

"you know I'll just go hang out with hayes or sky." I say and walk towards the door.

"cierra wait." he says grabbing me by my wrist. I let out a small whimper and immediately regret it. he has a confused look but he pulls up my sleeve.

his face drops when he sees the multiple scars that I have.

"cierra.." he starts.

"no nash. I stopped two months ago it's fine." I say and hold back my tears.

"no it's not fine. you did this to yourself.. why?" he asks.

wow, he's really dumb, isn't he?

I shake my head.

"why do you think?" i roll my eyes. he stands there speechless.

"it was when I started getting bullied.. I didn't know what I did to deserve this. but I stopped because I got used to it. so it's whatever." i say and put my arms at my side.

"you don't deserve it." he says quietly.

"then why do you do it nash? why do you and your friends torture me everyday?" i spit out.

he thinks for a minute before responding.

"i- I don't know..." he says, his voice fading at the end.

"please just, don't do it again." he pleads. I can see the tears brimming his eyes. I shrug because I honestly don't know.

"im sorry, cierra." he says with a voice crack. I nod. there's no way in hell im going to forgive him. or at least not yet.

he pulls me into his chest and wraps his arms around me while wresting his chin on my head.

"im so sorry." he whispers.

he pulls away and looks at me and wipes away the tears I didn't even know escaped.

I gave him a small fake smile. I can tell he feels bad but I can't forgive him yet. he put me through so much shit.

"wanna watch a movie?" he smiles.

"sure." I say while sitting on his bed.

he puts in grease, our favorite movie when we were best friends. he turns off the light and lays down next to me and I lay back. I dont really pay attention to the movie because I've seen it. a lot. his arm snakes around my waist, it confuses me at first and it's kind of uncomfortable, but I'll live.

my eyes become heavy and my head rolls onto his chest, but I really don't even care. after a couple minutes i find myself falling asleep;

in my enemies arms.

-------

hellooooo lovely people.

I hope you enjoy this book even though it kind of really sucks.

well yeah ily!

ig; @grierbenjamin

twitter; adorkablehayes