The Case

'Well, well, well, who do we have here.'boomed a large red-faced man as he swung round in his swivel chair to confront his timid secretary announcing a tall wavy brown haired man of about 30. 'Ya finally come back ey. What took you so long, hmm, I wonder.'mused the red-faced man. The man standing though was impassive. 'I had a case sir.' 'Ohoho, and what was this case about?' 'A couple.' 'Is that all you're going to tell me then. Well I see how it is. In that case, I need you to work on a special case for me.' 'What case would that be sir?' 'I told you Adam, a special one.'

The young mans composure broke, sending him wryly shaking his head and laughing. 'I almost had it that time, Bob.' 'Yeah but I know you too well.'laughed the man in the chair, Bob. 'So what's this mysterious case you want me to investigate?' 'Its about a girl whose body was found washed up on the Thames. She had nothing on her apart from a pocket watch with the initials carved onto it, A.R, but there was something interesting about it...' Bob paused, clearly wanting to draw it out. 'What is it Bob?'sighed Adam slouching against the side of the doorway. 'It was still ticking.'Bob replied, smiling slightly. 'What?'spluttered Adam, falling from his relaxed position. 'Are you sure?' 'I think my men can notice a ticking object on a silent body Adam.'responded Bob dryly.

'But that's not possible.' Adam protested.