Chaz

Skye introduces me to her group of friends at lunch. They are all really nice and accepting of the fact that I am gay. I have never hidden who I truly am. When the bell rings Skye walks with me to my History class.

"Hey do you have plans tonight," she asks.

Thinking of what is waiting at home, "nothing. Why?"

"Well, since you are new here. Would you like to come over to my house for supper," she asks smiling. I can see that she is hoping I say yes.

I nod my head, "yeah sure. I will let you know when I make it home this afternoon. I need to help my mom unpack a few things."

"Okay, oh yeah, here's my number," she says. Grabbing my hand she pulls a pen out of her bag. She writes her number on my hand and says to text her.

I watch as she walks off to her next class. Shaking my head, I try and figure out how her and her brother are polar opposites. I turn and walk into class.

After talking to the teacher, she signs the slip and points to a desk. I walk over and sit down. As I get my books ready for class I feel someone staring at me.

As I look at the door my hear starts racing. Sabik starts walking my way. I can tell he isn't happy to see me. I smile at him as he walks past me.

Hearing him sit in the seat behind me I squeal inwardly. I try to ignore the feel of butterflies I get with him sitting this close.

Through out class I have to remind myself to focus. I remember that his sister said that he doesn't like people that rely on others. I don't want to upset him more than I already have. I take notes and do the work that is given to us.

Walking up to the teacher at the end of class I ask, "where do I get the book for class."

She looks at me surprised, "I didn't give you one at the beginning of class?"

I shake my head and smile, "no ma'am."

"Well, that is no good," she says grabbing a book off the shelf near her desk. I watch as she write my name in it.

I thank her and head to the front office as the other students head to their buses or cars. These kids don't like being here longer than they have to. Some are rushing through the halls. A few of them ran into me and just kept going.

Opening the door to the office, the secretary looks up at me, "can I help you?"

I walk up to her smiling, "yes ma'am."

When I finally finish with the office I head to the parking lot. Everyone is gone now. No more kids running into each other to get out the door. Shaking my head while laughing I push the door open. Looking around I notice someone standing by their car. Other than a few cars and the guy, the lot is empty.

As I get closer to my car I look over at the guy one more time. I freeze, it's Sabik. I stand there debating for a minute. I finally decide to go over and talk to him.

"Hey, what are you still doing here," I call as I walk over.

He doesn't say anything, as I get closer I see the cord to his earbuds. No wonder he didn't answer I chuckle. I tap his shoulder when I get close enough.

His head jerks around and I am met with those deep greenish-blue eyes. My breath catches in my throat. I clear my throat before I try talking again.