Chapter 7

"JASMIN!"

He screamed my name from above. I looked up as I fell.

A figure with shadowy black wings was swooping down, desperately trying to reach me. He called my name again and again.

There was a massive weight on my chest. I felt a soft feather brush against my cheek. I had wings!

I looked down, behind me, at my wings. Why were they at such odd angles. AAHH! They hurt like hell!

I looked up again just in time to see the angel's face, before a wave of pain pounded my back. I cringed, scrunching up my face to stop the tears from flowing.

"JASMIN, STOP!"

The last thing I saw before I blacked out was a wall of shadows coming to crush me.

•••

"Oh!"

My eyes were being blinded by the harsh light, compared to my dark vision. I saw shapes and colours, but none of them made any sense.

"Ow!" I yelled as my ears started picking up sounds again. Someone was screaming at me. "Stop!" I yelled at them, sitting up.

My vision became even more blurry. I held my head as it came back into focus. People were sitting around me. There was Jim, Jesse, May and Gabriel. I heard voices coming from behind me. I turned around to see the rest of my friends staring at me with concerned looks on their faces.

I looked forwards again and saw Elle staring me in the face. "Woah!" I exclaimed.

"What happened?! Why didn't you do anything to stop him?!" she yelled. Her face was inches away from mine and I wasn't sure if she was about to hug me or slap me.

"First of all, Ouch! Is screaming really the way to wake up someone who may or may not have been injured?!" I yelled back. Her eyes wrinkled in the corners and I could tell that she was trying not to smile. I started to get up, and gripped her arm as the world spun once more.

"Second of all, why is everyone in my room. And can they see you or do they think I'm just talking to myself?" I asked her, quietly. "No, we can see her." May said in awe.

"Ok. I need to go outside or have a shower or something because I feel dreadful." I looked around at everyone, and made shooing motions with my hands. "Wait, we're not leaving yet. How do we know if you're ok? You nearly died!" Gabriel yelled.

He had tears in his eyes, and was trying not to cry. I felt bad for being so harsh. "Elle can stay here and make sure that I'm ok. I'll be out in a minute, I promise." I said, encouraging them to go outside. Gabriel was still sitting on the floor.

"I'm not going." he said. "Fine, you can stay if you absolutely have to. Don't you dare open this door though!" I said, walking through the bathroom door with a pile of fresh clothes, locking the door behind me.

"It's ok, I'll make sure he doesn't get in." Elle said to me as I turned around. "Out!" I yelled at her, pointing towards the door. "But..." she protested. I closed my eyes and concentrated. "You wouldn't." Elle said, frowning.

I opened my eyes as she was replaced by a small stone in a puff of white steam. I placed the stone next to the sink and sighed.

I stepped into the shower and relaxed under the warm water. It flowed off my body in tiny waterfalls, moulding to my shape. I thought about the vision I had seen. I was pretty sure that the angel had been Jem and he was trying to save me from something.

Suddenly, Gabriel was slamming on the bathroom door. "Jasmin! Get out here, now!" he yelled. "Fine!" I yelled back. I sighed. My only minute of peace had been interrupted. Oh well.