Chapter 8

•Jim's P.O.V•

I ran over to Jasmin. She had fallen to the ground, after the dark angel that took Gabe shot a ball of shadows at her.

"Jasmin? What happened? Where did Gabe go?" I asked. I was probably yelling but she still couldn't hear me.

Suddenly, dark fire consumed her body. She didn't look like she was in pain, but when she looked down, her body started disappearing.

The last thing she said was "I'll find a way to get us home. I promise." Then she dissapeared in a puff of smoke.

I sat there. People were gasping and yelling and screaming but I didn't care. I had known that girl for less than a week, yet in that small amount of time she had become my best friend. And now she was gone.

"Jim?" someone asked beside me. "Jim, it's ok. She's not dead. I can still sense her, I'm just not sure where she is. Or whether she's consious."

"Is she safe?" I asked quietly. "Yes. She's safer than us at least." came the reply. I turned around to see Jasmin's friend Elle looking at me sadly. "Who are you? Not just your name, how do you know Jasmin so well?"

Elle sighed. "I know Jasmin because I'm her exact copy. Not a twin, more like a clone. Jasmin is special. She's the last stone bearer. That means that she can use the elementals. That's what I am, an elemental. But Jasmin is also an elemental. She's a spirit and a duellist. That's why she can duel using every element. We're the same, except she's more powerful and less confident. And she's real." Elle glanced at me, as if to make sure that I had got all of that.

"You're real. I can see you, you're right here." Elle sighed again. "I'm not really here, I'm just a spirit. See, you can put your hand right through me." She said, as she reached out towards my arm. She touched my arm, as if she were about to pass through it.

"What did you do! I... It... No! It's not possible!" Elle cried as she tried to force her hand through my arm. "Looks like you're here for good!" I laughed. She began to slap my arm. "Ow! That's starting to hurt, stop!" She glanced up at me with tears in her eyes. "We can't let Jasmin know! Promise?"

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked with genuine concern. She looked scared. "If Jasmin finds out that I'm real here, she'll stay here. Just to let me live, she'll take my place. We can't let her do that. Do you promise?!" She yelled at me.

"Yes! Ok, I promise!" I yelled back, scared that she was looking at me as if I was a bug on the ground that had just asked her to help it eat a dried fly.

"Ok. Now let's go and find Jasmin." Elle said with determination.