Chapter 2

*Hunters POV*

Crunching on my spoonful of cereal mom walks into the kitchen and blurts out "so that Ashley girl seemed lovely didn't she?"

"I guess so, she was kinda shy but I guess it was just because she's new" I voiced honestly. Me and my mom have Always been close so we talk like high school best friends.

"Yeah she was very quiet wasn't she"
"Yeah"

"Anyways I'm off to school I'll see you later mom" I grabbed my backpack and keys and hopped in my car starting the engine.

If I'm honest Ashley was breathtaking. She was pretty shy but it won't take long for her to loosen up. I'm anxious about her going to school though. Not to sound cocky but I've always been known as a "popular bad boy".

I've never cared about my reputation though, Im just an outgoing person so hopefully if I imprint a good impression on Ashley so the talk of the school won't get into her head and make her afraid of me me more than she already looked.

I brushed my fingers through my hair and parked into Ashley's driveway. Knocking on the door I waited patiently.

"Hello hon, Ashley's just finishing up breakfast she'll be done in a minute" Sandra said with a monotone voice. I didn't like Sandra, at first I thought she may have been a bit tired but the way she talked to Ashley and acted as if she were a burden to her had me loose all respect for her at the moment.

"Okay" Sandra stepped to the side opening the door to let me in. Walking through the hallway I saw Ashley in a grey sweater with black ripped jeans and black timberlands, her hair in messy bun sitting on the kitchen bench. Cute.

Seeing me she lifted her head and her light blue eyes stared directly into mine. I noticed her gold nose ring that I hadn't seen the previous night and couldn't help but think how good it looked on her. Most girls that threw themselves at me that had piercings looked trashy and cheap but not Ashley.

"Hey sorry I was just finishing up m-my cereal" there she goes with the stuttering. Maybe it will take a little longer for her to loosen up.

"No problem take your time" I slid on one of the kitchen barstools and pulled out my phone texting my friend jayce.

"Get off the bench silly girl" Sandra scolded Ashley. She turned bright pink and looked at me probably feeling embarrassed. Why does she get so flustered easily?

"Sorry mum" she replied with her admittedly adorable accent.

She put her bowl in the sink and nodded at me signalling she was ready to leave. I got up and went to head for the door when Ashley's Mom interrupted us. "Ashley, aren't you forgetting something?"

Ashley's eyes widened and she turned straight for me and waited for my reaction. I smiled lightly at her to let her know it was fine and she turned back into the kitchen. She grabbed a bottle of pills from the top cabinet and grabbed one out.

What were they for? Did she have a disease? Was she sick? Questions flooded my head and I started to get a little concerned for her. I'm sure it's nothing but I can't help but stress over it. I hope it's nothing serious.

Ashley quickly swallowed the pill and Sandra gripped her chin tightly causing Ashley to wince slightly. Any respect I had for Sandra was thrown out the window then and there. Ashley stuck her tongue up then down and Sandra nodded pleased.

A bright red Ashley walked up to me and mutter "sorry" with a nervous laugh.

"It's okay, what were the pills for?" I asked out curiosity as we stepped into the driveway

Once again Ashley turned pink and her breathing got heavier than before. " um it's for my anxiety" she quickly mumbled.

"Oh" was all I could reply. I felt bad. The poor girl was just starting a new school in a new country whilst battling anxiety.

"Yeah" she said as I pulled out of the driveway

Sitting in silence I turned on the radio and began to let my thoughts go on. Is that why she's always so scared of me when she doesn't even know me? That's obviously why she was so shy and stuttering around me.

My eyes flicker over to Ashley to see her sitting there looking out the window following the passing trees and playing with her fingers. She really was beautiful, I just hope she knows that.

"Hey Ashley" I blurted.
"Yeah" her head snapped over, our eyes locking.

"If you need someone to sit with or show you around I'll be here okay?" I offered "don't be shy around me, I'm not going to hurt you"

She seemed surprised at first but eventually a smile smile started spreading across her face. "Thanks" she replied in a happier tone.

Seeing her smile gave me butterflies. It looked good on her. It's obvious Ashley has trust issues so I'm going to make it my mission for her to trust me. She needs a friend she can lean on and I'm going to be that friend wether she likes it or not.

_______________
This books a flop but anyways hope you enjoy! 💖