"Do I want to do what?"

Luca pov
"Alright, then at least tell me if he's cute or not?" 

Very

I signed to my friend over the computer screen making her giggle.

He's so cool, I don't know why he's talking to me.

"Do you wanna do naughty things with him Luca, I'll tell your mom you're being bad!"
She threatens jokingly.

No I'm still asexual Jenna, do you still like girls or have you tried something new yet.

I sign hesitantly trying to make sure my hands form the right signs. I teased her often about her sexuality as she did mine, times like these I missed her more. Jenna smiled at me watching me talking about him, the boy with the tattooed arms. The boy who didn't mind I was quiet.

Jenna moved away last year, her father was offered a job in West Virginia and she moved with him. She lives in a little house on a hill, she loves it there and sends me pictures all the time of the mountains and the sunsets. I love that she does that, I missed her for a while until she video chatted me and we talked all the time.

"Ok, now what about his Moose friend is he still trouble some?" Her voice was clear and sounded normal.

'She didn't sound deaf.'

Her hair had grown out some since she left, I smiled after noticing this. 

Haircut
I signed moving my fingers from the front of my face to the back of my head.

Her hair was coming down to her jaws now, and she tried so desperately to keep her hair probably pinned back.
She likes to show off her hearing aids, she has red ones and it's her favorite color.

"Yeah I know I'm going tomorrow, they've got a Saturday discount."

I heard my mom shouting from the hall way. "Luca, Zayden is here." Before I could go to greet him he swung open the door, "Hello Luca Onward." He called tackling me making me fall off my bed with a thud and a whine.
"Luca are you ok?" Jenna asked clearly amused Zayden's head popped up and he stared at her. "Whoa, is this your little sister or something." I pushed him aside and sat back in my bed.

Sorry, I'm ok this is Zayden
She nodded and waved at him "I didn't know you could sign, that's cool" Zayden said grinning as I said good bye to my friend. "Hello, Luca Onward" he repeats again, "Hello, Zayden Davis." I say making him grin a little "who was that? Do I know her?" I shook my head and closed my laptop and set it on my desk and on its charger.

"Tell me about her." He says I raised an eyebrow.
"Deaf" I said.
He sat up in my bed legs crossed and arm propped on his knee. Hand laid in it as well, "she's deaf?" I nodded climbing onto the bed to lay on my stomach beside him.
"She's great." I added not knowing how to describe her.
I hate that about me I don't think I could describe someone even if it was to give a sketch arts of someone who spent an hour talking to me. I just don't know how to talk about things right.

He nodded "sounds amazing Luca Onward"
I don't know why he keeps calling me by my full name. But I love it it makes me feel wanted and cool.

It's been a few weeks but since Zayden decided to befriend me.

Is that the right word? Does he consider me a friend? I would like to think of him as one but he might not think so of me.

"Luca, there's another letter from a college for you. And another recruiter."

I frowned and stood up walking into the kitchen shuffling through the mail. I tossed the mail from a military recruiter and an art college in LA. Zayden bent down and looked at them "Luca Onward why are you throwing these away?" He asked "he doesn't want to go to college" my mom said simply "why not? I think you'd do good." I crossed my arms and shuffled my feet around, "I can't" I whispered mom's lips turned downwards and she clasped her hands together. "I'm gonna head to the store and I'm gonna get dinner ready." She said grabbing her things and closing the front door.

"Why can't you go to college Luca?"

I looked at him he looked genuinely curious "because I'm stupid." I said obviously and his face fell and he looked a little mad.

"You're not stupid Luca you're the smartest kid in the class." I rolled my eyes "doesn't matter" I say trying to change the subject but he keeps pushing. "No, it does matter Lucas Onward who told you, you were stupid?" He cried he looked like I had just kicked his new puppy

"You're not stupid Luca you're so smart, you can make art, and you know math to things I didn't even know existed. You can read, Luca I can barely read and you...you are so, so smart. So how could someone look at you and call you stupid. Cause you don't talk? That's bullshit and everyone knows it." I watched him get mad, he balled his fist and his feet shifted a lot, his face was getting red.

He was getting mad for me, why? Why was he so mad at the fact I was stupid ? I'm not sure but I guess I'll have to deal with it.  "Ok, I'm sorry" he whispers, I was about to tell him it was ok. But he leaned his head in my shoulder in a sad slump. Since he was such a different height than me it imaged we looked strange.

But I felt warm and safe when he did that so that's all that matters to me right now.

He smells good I like this...