A blast to the past

I always wished things could last longer. If time would slow down just a bit, so you could enjoy the moment a little more..

I've been like that since I was born. Most likely because I was born just a few months after a bright little girl named Aryanna. I can swear I remember seeing her smile over me while I was clutched in my mom's arms just hours after delivery, but I'm sure no one believes me.

That is, except Ary. Our moms met in high school I think, and they were the closest friends I've ever seen. They always joked how they had separate twin girls because Mother Nature couldn't give both to just one of them. Assuming that actually makes a lot of sense. Ary and I grew up together. Living next door to each other, there was never a day we weren't greeted by each other's smiles and excessive giggling. Once school came around, Ary got a lot of attention from boys. Me, being the clingy 6-year-old I was, always tried to keep her away. I guess I was just scared someone would replace me.

But low and behold, no one ever did. We stayed with each other all through elementary, middle, high school, and we are soon to start college in September. We were even planning on sharing a dorm together.
*next day*

My family and I finally finish moving my stuff into me and Ary's dorm. It's not until after they leave that I hear a knock on the door. I look through the peephole and as soon as I recognize her, I practically fling the door wide open and jump into her arms. I envelope her in a hug so tight she has to yank me off for air, before softly returning the embrace. I feel my eyes tear up a bit and I'm sure hers did too. We haven't seen each other in months.