Reflection

Liv POV

We sit there for a good minute, staring at each other's eyes, reflecting with blue and red light from our hands. Suddenly, the class bell rings.
I gasp and push Ary into the still opened janitor closet. I follow right behind and shut the door behind us, flicking on the light.

Ary winces and holds her shoulder

Me: I'm so sorry!
I say in a hushed whisper. I put both my hands on her shoulder and it heals. She holds her shoulder again and looks up at me.
Ary: healing powers huh? Nice.
Me: Yep. I can also teleport...throw lights from my hands, and oh..I have one more thing...it's called my Retton. It's like...a way that makes me predict when danger is coming my way or the way of someone I love.
Ary: oh...You mean like THIS!
She throws a punch at my shoulder but I catch her fist without even looking at it.
Me: Yup! Like that.
I quickly let go of her hand and she looks at me confused.
Ary: Well I can make black fog, fly, and shoot fire out of my hands.
Me: Mhmm....
I look down at the both of our hands. They're glowing just the same amount and are both distinctly blue or red. I can't believe this...SHE'S been my reflection..And I've been hers...I wonder if she's been looking for me..that is, if she even knows about reflections....I hate myself for being so stupid. All this time I was searching and the answer was right in front of me the whole time. I guess she's just really good at hiding her powers..
I suddenly come to reality when she snaps her fingers in my face to get my attention.
Ary: What? Do you find this weird?
Me: N-no! I mean I've got the same deal! I was born like this I'm used to it. I can think of a million different ways to hide my powers from people.
Ary: Same here sis..
She tries to grab my hand but I jerk mine away.
Ary: What's up with you?! Do you hate me or something?!
Me: Ary If I hated you, why would I protect you from getting your powers exposed, AND heal you afterward?
Ary: I dont know! But why wont you hold my hand?
I look down at her glowing red hands then down at mine, just to make sure my theory is correct
Me: We should go now..
Ary: where?
Me: Home! Once these hallways clear out we should make a break for it.
Ary: are you crazy?! The cameras will see us!! The principal will see and flip out on us!!
Me: Oh don't worry..
I grab the gloves and and old trash bag lying against the wall. It smells like dust, but I grab it and check that it's empty. I toss the gloves in and start scanning the room for some helpful materials. I find a flashlight, a few bottles of water, a rusty shovel and I take out my own pocket knife and toss it in too. I throw it over my shoulder and grab her wrist, being careful not to touch her hand.
Me: We're not coming back.