Blink, and you'll miss him

Ary POV

I walk into the house and toss my keys and backpack on the counter. I'm expecting to hear the nervous knock on the door when Liv comes back home.
Me: Aish that pabo😂 welp. I guess we have to think of an excuse to go back to school tomorrow.

An hour passes...
Then two....
Then five...
Me: Okay this is getting ridiculous. Where the hell is she?!
I'm debating on going to look for her.
Me: Might as well get some exercise anyway.
I throw on some workout clothes,

And head out the door.
I pull out my phone to call her again.
I select her contact and put the phone to my ear as I walk out the front door. It rings 5 times before going to voicemail. I try 2 more times and it rings through every time. Her phones not dead. She's ignoring me...
A mix of frustration and confusion fills my stomach. I guess I'm gonna have to do this the hard way...

Liv POV
After Ary went home I ran off to try and figure out what to do. I need to find out what our mission is...but I can't do it alone...I'm gonna need her with me..
Me: Maybe I should find the problem, THEN maybe that will convince Ary to come with me.....ah it's worth a shot!
I throw the bag over my arm and head off into the forest. It's a lot of walking, to the point I was starting to consider giving up. But I'm glad I didn't. Once I found what I knew I had to look for.
I stop in my tracks while I hear an unfamiliar voice say
"NO WAIT!! COME BACK!!"
I was about to take a step forward but something passes in front of me so quickly I get startled and fall to the ground.
I just barely got a glimpse of it.

Or.....him?
I start looking around but he's long gone. The voice got closer.
"GET BACK HERE YOURE GONNA GET US KILLED!!!"
The voice is followed by heavy breathing and fast footsteps.
I cover my mouth to conceal my breathing. The footsteps trail off, chasing whatever I just saw run in front of me. I stand up and look around nervously. Yup. All alone again. Like it never happened. It felt like my heart dropped to my stomach when I realize what way they ran. Back the way that leads to me and Ary's house....
It felt like the entire world stood still. Are they gonna hurt her...?
I slap myself across the face for thinking too hard. I don't have time for this. I need to get back to Ary
Before those boys do...
The thought of my bestie getting hurt is enough to replace all my fear with pure adrenaline. I leave the bag where it is and run faster than I ever have. I run all the way until I catch up with those...whatever they are..
One is WAY faster than any human could run. Maybe he has super speed..
The first pulls ahead, to the point I can't hear him at all. The second runs to chase him down the way to go to our street. I take a detour to the trail leading to our backyard. I have to find Ary before they do..

Ary POV

I walk down the street while making some final attempts to contact Liv. I hear yelling and a pair of footsteps running towards me. Hoping it's Liv, I stop walking and look around.
I see a figure running towards me. The sun's already set so I can barely see it from here. They finally reach me and my heart skips a beat.

An unbelievably attractive yet sweaty boy appears in front of me

Me: U-Uh...can I help you?
??: Yes.
Me: ok...what do you need help with?
??: I think I've just found my destiny
I tilt my head in confusion.
Me: Who?
He jokingly draws a "u" in the air with his finger.

Me: Who?He jokingly draws a "u" in the air with his finger

The light emitting from his finger catches me off guard.
He smirks at my widen eyes and dropped jaw.
??: I found you, Aryanna