13. Treat You Better

A/N: Had this idea in my mind for a long time. Finally putting it down.. 

I come home from work, tired of all the pain, just wanting to cuddle up into Axel's arm and sleep. I go upstairs to our bedroom after having a drink. What I see next was the most upsetting.. 

I see..Axel and some other girl..kissing..I was extremely tired to fight so I just put my hand over my mouth and ran away crying. "Wait..Babe?!", I could hear Axel scream as I ran. I ignored him and got out fast enough with my car keys, my phone and my bag. I get into my car and immediately drive away. 

Once I was in a place far away from him, I took out my phone and texted my bestest friend, Daniel. 

He was such a help. I really hated having girl friends since they're such a pain sometimes so I had a lot of guy friends to have my back..another reason as to why Axel acted clingy all the time. Daniel was my favorite guy friend. He would always be there for me, and helped me whenever I was in pain. Axel was really jealous of this though. Daniel actually treated me better than him so I kinda liked him. But knowing it was gonna make it weird, I didn't tell him anything.

I texted him repeatedly but he didn't reply back. I managed to stop crying and drove to Daniel's house as soon as possible. I knocked the door, rang the bell and tried calling him..Nothing. I got worried so I just opened the door and got inside.

 I get inside and hear music. It was coming from his studio so I went there to check on him. 

I stood in the doorway when I saw that he was in the middle of recording a cover. Ironically enough, he was playing the cello while singing "Treat you better" by Shawn Mendes. The song never failed to make me cry.. 

"I know I can treat you better, than he can"

As he sang every line, my heart melted a little.

"And any girl like you deserves a gentleman"

 And of course my weak little heart couldn't handle it..I started crying again..

 "Tell me why are we wasting time, On all your wasted cryin'" 

I cried a little harder every time he sang..

"I know I can treat you better, than he can" 

Once the song got over, Daniel put his cello away and looked over at me. He rushed over to me and asked in a worried tone, "Y/N!? What happened Y/N?? Don't cry!"

...

"He..He's cheating on me..", I said as I looked and sounded like an absolute mess. 

"WHAT?! Why??", he asked in shock. "i..I don't know..", I said while still crying. He pulled me into his chest and said, "Shh shh..Angels like you shouldn't cry..It's okay..It'll all get better..I'm here for you.."  His voice alone calmed me enough. I hugged him tight as I cried into his chest. 

After a few minutes of crying, I started feeling sleepy. When I was still half- asleep, I felt Daniel carry me and lay me down on the bed. I was too tired to remember anything else. 

**(Next Morning)**

I woke up the next morning and noticed Daniel wasn't there next to me. I got out of bed and went downstairs to see where Daniel was. I go into the kitchen to find him..cooking. 

He turns around and sees me, "Oh hey! You're up?...uh..Care to have some breakfast? I..cooked..for you..". I could notice the nervousness in his voice. "uh..sure..I'm pretty hungry actually.", I said. 

**(Skip breakfast )**

We both didn't say a word when we were eating.. After we were done, I asked Daniel if he had any spare clothes for me and he said, "Well, I was gonna give this to you on your birthday but.here". : 

"Woah! Thanks Daniel! I love it!! Thank you Thank You!", I scream as I hug him

"Woah! Thanks Daniel! I love it!! Thank you Thank You!", I scream as I hug him. "Haha You're welcome love <3," he says, "Go get ready now!". 

"Okay!", I say as I run back upstairs to change. 

I get out of the shower and change into the awesome hoodie and rock it with these:

I go downstairs where I see Daniel waiting with car keys. "I'm ready. Let's go", I say. "Wow..It looks really good on you..", Daniel said making me blush. "uh..Well, we're going to Starbucks first so..Let's roll", he said as we left his house. 

**(Skip to after Starbucks)**

"Daniel, where are we gonna go now?", I ask. "Well, I don't wanna ruin your good mood but, remember last night, right? What are you gonna do about it?", he asked. My mood went down but I knew I had to face the reality so I said, "Well, I guess I'll just break up with him..I mean what else should I do?I knew he wasn't right. Let's go to his place, get my stuff back and go back home.". "Dang girl You got everything planned! But are you sure you wanna break up with him?? I don't want you to regret any of it later..", He said. 

"....Yes Daniel. I'm sure. Let's go now.", I say very boldly. 

We arrive at Axel's place and I say, "Daniel, stay right here. I know he's not home but if anything happens, I'll call you out." "Got it..Be safe!", he said. 

I go inside and see that the house is empty. I get all my stuff before anyone comes and leave. As a bonus, I smashed every photo of me and him that were framed and felt much better. I left him a note saying, "We're done..Don't try to contact me..I'm gone forever now." Pretty clever right? I know. 

I go back outside and tell Daniel everything. "I feel so free now!", I laugh. There was a moment of silence and we looked at each other in a way we never had...After a few moments of silence, we kiss. We finally pulled apart and stared at each other..It was nice knowing that the guy I secretly liked feels the same way about me.. I know he can treat me better..

THE END (finally) 

A/N: It's horrible..I know.. Sorry for it.. IG: @teenphoenix. DT fanpage (not mine) : @dtofficialfanpage