Free

Arianna looked at her clothes one more time making sure she didn't look like herself. Slipping a large red robe over the top with a large hood, she slipped the hood up and tucked all her long black hair in. Taking a few deep breaths she ran out of the room, down the hall and down the stairs. Slipping out the back she raced towards the forest. Her father told her to never go in the forest but right now She didn't heed the long ago warning and rushed into the dark trees.

She was glad she had the thick robe on otherwise she would have had scratches and bruises all over from the tree limbs. Not slowing down, She came to a cave. Not caring who was in the cave, Arianna fell to her knees and finally flat as darkness overcame her, not seeing the pair of slitted yellow eyes glowing in the dark.

~~~~

He despised humans. They were ruining the land around them and making the clean air stink of decay and garbage. He sat inside his cave watching the dark night sky. Right now he was in Dragon form. As tall as a mansion and wide as a semi, he was covered in black scales. His slitted yellow eyes staring off into the sky watching the stars twinkle. His ear twitched when he heard a soft pair of footsteps running through the woods. Thinking it was an animal he didn't pay it any mind. But all those thoughts flew out when a young girl came into the cave. She fell to her knees and then down on her stomach. The only movement was from her deep breathing. Slowly walking to the girl, He noticed that her hood was covering her and he gently lifted her up and carried her to the bed He had near the back of the cave. Laying her down He moved a few feet away and sat and watched her all night.