Old Corona

Welcome to my first Kingdom Hearts/ Tangled the Series Fanfiction! This takes place after the events of KH3 so bear with any story mistakes or conclusions about the story that I am jumping to.
The main character is my own and she does have a backstory that I will eventually write a separate fanfiction for but I was excited to write this one first.
(As another note this does feature a lot of Varian in it and Ashley's relationship to him is in a familial way so no romance here)
Enjoy!
————————————————————————

Six girls stood in a circle in Merlin's house. Each of them held a star shaped charm in their hands as the elderly wizard explained their task. "Each of you will journey to a world containing one of the 7 lights, or I suppose in the case of Arendelle it would be two lights. You are to simply explore the world and check for any imbalances in the light or darkness"

The rose blonde girl gripped her charm in her hands, dying to see which world she would be visiting. She hadn't traveled outside of Radient Gardens since leaving the organization, in fact she hadn't seen most of the other girls since they were all involved with Xemnas' schemes. Merlin began handing out papers with world names written on them.

"Looks like I'm heading to Arendelle" said Amelia after being handed her paper, "How about you Ashley?"

Ashley held up her paper and examined it. "The kingdom of Corona" she read aloud.

"Now girls," Merlin called for attention, "you need only will the star shard to where you need to go and it will take you there. But remember the key rule to traveling to other worlds"

"We must not meddle in their affairs, we got it" replied Marissa, Ashley's twin sister.

"Then lets not waste any time. Off you go" Merlin waved his hand signaling the start of their missions. One by one the star shards blasted them into space.

"This is much more intense than traveling by dark corridor!" Ashley thought as she blasted through the sky. While star shards made sense for the other girls, Ashley didn't know why Merlin didn't just teach her the spell for traveling through worlds. She was his apprentice of magic after all, and her powers were only growing by the day.

Suddenly she crash landed into what could only be described as some sort of laboratory. As she sat up and rubbed her head realizing that she had lost her focus. While she didn't know where she was, she hoped that she at least landed on the right world, even if it wasn't exactly in the kingdom part of it.

There was movement in her peripheral vision and on instinct she jumped up and summoned her her magic staff to defend herself. As soon as she actually settled she realized that she was staring at a frightened teenage boy, who just had part of his lab destroyed by her landing. They were left in awkward silence to stare at each other until an older man came barreling through the doorway.

"Varian! Is everything alright-" he was cut off in shock as he saw Ashley standing amidst the rubble in the lab.

Not really knowing what to do, Ashley carefully stepped over the rubble and walked over to the older gentleman. "Hi," she waved timidly, "My name is Ashley, and I'm sorry I destroyed your lab. But there is a good expli-"

"My lab" Varian cut her off.

"I'm sorry what?" She turned to face the boy in confusion.

"Sorry it's uh, it's my lab you destroyed" he trailed off at the end, not so confidently.

"Oh! I'm sorry I destroyed your lab then, what was it again?"

"Varian" the older man said coldly. Ashley turned back around to face him. She suddenly felt a bit frightened by his cold exterior, it was quite clear that he did not trust her. Why would he though, she did come out of nowhere and destroy Varians lab.