Chapter Four

They didn't have a plan. They were just going to confront Esmeralda. It wasn't very smart, but Y/n believed she could talk to her.

"Y/n, do you think this is the right thing to do?" Tko asked. Y/n nodded.

"If I can talk to Esmeralda, I can explain everything. And maybe she'll know how to find out if I truly am a hybrid." She said. Tko sighed.

"Just be careful. We won't be with you, so I won't be able to protect you." Tko said. Y/n smiled and pulled him into a hug.

"I'll be fine. It's not like you'll never see me again." Y/n said. She pulled away.

"It might be." Tko said. Y/n chuckled lightly. She turned to KO and Dendy.

"Good luck out there, Y/n." KO said as she he hugged her.

"Yes, we wouldn't want Esmeralda kidnapping you." Dendy said.

"Kidnap her?!" Tko exclaimed.

"Okay, I gotta go! Bye!" Y/n planted a kiss on Tko's head and quickly walked out the door, making sure he didn't follow her.

Once out of Dendy's lab, Y/n turned on her tracker. It allowed Dendy to track her and keep an eye on her with her computer. They weren't going with Y/n because she was afraid it would 'scare Esmeralda away'. Although, the chances of that were low.

As Y/n made her way into the woods, she felt a sudden chill. She knew this was a bad idea, but she still wanted to try.

As she walked, there was only silence. No birds chirping, no insects, just absolutely pure silence. It scared Y/n how quiet it was.

"Esmeralda? Are you out here? I-I didn't come to fight. I just want to talk!" Y/n called out. She heard a quiet chuckle, but couldn't tell where it came from.

"Talk? Talk about what? How you trapped me in our home for thousands of years? Or was it your mom? Are you a hybrid? Do you even know who I am?" She heard Esmeralda.

"Y-You're friends with mom. Or sisters. I-I don't really know." Y/n said.

"I am her sister. She must not have told you much about herself. Do you even know where your mom came from?" Esmeralda asked. Y/n shook her head. Esmeralda stepped out of the shadows and towered over her. "She came from another dimension. She came from our home. But she ran away from me like a coward."

"W-Why?" Y/n stuttered. Esmeralda smiled, her white teeth was a the only bright part of her.

"Because she was afraid. She was so scared that she ran away from her own people, abandoning them." Esmeralda. Y/n stepped back, scared. "I'm sure you remember. It's just deep inside that mind of yours." Esmeralda smiled sickly sweet as she pointed at Y/n's head.

"And what if I don't?" Y/n asked.

"That would be a good thing for me. I could take you home, and show you the way we were really supposed to live." Esmeralda said as she squatted down to Y/n's height.

"Did you live the wrong way before?" Y/n asked.

"We lived in an awful way. But after little... Rebellion, we'll call it, I got my way. And now that you're here, you can live that way, too." Esmeralda said holding her hand out for Y/n to take.

"But... What about my home? What about my friends? What will happen to them if I leave?" Y/n asked.

"They'll move on. That's how humans work. They'll forget you ever existed, and that's terrible of them to do. So why don't we just leave them behind and live a better life?" Esmeralda said. Y/n furrowed her eyebrows.

"My friends wouldn't forget me. Especially not Tko! I know them! They love me! And I love them! I'm not going with you!" Y/n said. Esmeralda frowned, her face growing dark.

"I didn't ask." She said, standing up. She raised her hand at Y/n, and multiple ribbons wrapped around her. "We're leaving."

Y/n pulled her arm free, and tried to pull the ribbons off. It didn't work.

"Esmeralda, how do you know I'm even related to you?! How do you know I'm not just some random kid?!" Y/n yelled. Esmeralda chuckled and turned to her.

"Are you stupid? We're the only race in all of existence throughout every dimension to have the Ribbon ability! And how else would I have gotten into your dreams? We can only contact our own kind." Esmeralda said.

"Why didn't you just get into my mom's mind?" Y/n asked.

"I did. Every night. I tormented her every night for years. But then suddenly stopped one day, and I figured she died." Esmeralda said. "Now, you're going to make a portal for me so we can go."

"Why can't you?" Y/n asked.

"I'm corrupted, stupid. Isn't it obvious? Now open it." She threw Y/n down.

"No, I won't do it!" Y/n said.

"Do it! I order you to!" Esmeralda yelled.

"No!" Y/n shouted.

"Yes!" Esmeralda raised her voice louder. Y/n growled.

"No!" She pointed her hands at Esmeralda, and ribbons shot at her. Her eyes widened, and she disappeared in a poof of black.

Y/n gasped. Her ribbons disappeared. She looked around, searching for her. She was no where to be found.

Y/n sighed and started walking, making her way back to Dendy's lab. Hopefully, they would have a plan when confronting Esmeralda next time.