Chapter Thirty

"Oh my Cob..." Tko said, shocked. The entire field was dead, the grass completely black. The sky was dark, thick with storm clouds.

"Get down!" Esmeralda whispered as she tackled them. They fell to the ground, hidden by the grass. "If Shadow sees you, she'll kill you."

"But where is she?" Tko asked.

"I'm not sure. She sees everything now that she has control, so we have to be extremely--" Esmeralda was cut off by the sound of a voice that echoed throughout the land.

"You are right, I do see everything! And that's means I'll see you no matter where you go." The voice said. A blackness appeared and formed Shadow. She looked down at the children on the ground and smirked. "You brought the kids, I see. I hope you told them Y/n's dead. Otherwise, you kind of killed them for no reason."

"They know what you did. They're here to help stop you." Esmeralda said as she protectively stood in front of them. Shadow laughed.

"You must have run out of options if you went to them for help! They're just weak little humans who barely harm me! That Tko was lucky enough to knock me out, but you can't stop me. Nobody can. I cannot die, and you cannot overpower me and banish me. Just face it. You've lost. It's time to give up and die." Shadow said. Tko stood up.

"We won't give up! Not until we avenge Y/n! You hurt her, now we're gonna hurt you." He said.

"Oh, I didn't just hurt your beloved Y/n. I bent her mind on evil and darkness so much that her mind can only think about one thing- regret. Because at the core of her heart is regret. And I'm going make her suffer by bringing out her worst emotions, and turn them evil. She'll suffer until her weak mind finally gives in and she completely loses her mind. Not in the way of going crazy, but physically lose her mind. She'll become so succumbed by the darkness that she will no longer have a conscience." Shadow laughed maniacally. "And I have you to thank, Tko..."

"M-Me?" He stuttered, shocked. Shadow nodded.

"Y/n regrets doing so many things with you. Most of them are small, and don't matter. But she does regret ever bringing you into this. Into her problems with her family. And now, she feels absolutely terrible for hurting you. And you left her, left her to suffer with those emotions. I've convinced her to turn her back against you, and now she's broken in half. She hates you, but she also loves you. It's the perfect way to make someone suffer, so I must thank you for helping me." Shadow smiled. She snapped her fingers, and they teleported to the center of town, right in front of the castle.

People stared at them. Shadow stepped forward, her smile growing if that was even possible.

"Everyone," Shadow began, gesturing to Esmeralda and the children. "Meet the people you have to thank for the fall of Primrose Fields."

People glared at them, murmurs were barely heard from them. Esmeralda stepped back.

"They hate us... If only there was a way to show them we're good..." She mumbled.

"But there isn't!" Shadow turned to them. She looked at Tko. "I would kill you in front of Y/n, but then she would know you're dead. I'd rather her think you were alive so she could suffer even more."

The children were frightened for their lives. They didn't know what to do, and now they were going to die. This was the end for them. Tko never even got to say goodbye to Y/n, or hug her one last time and tell her everything was okay.

In that moment, Tko wished Y/n was there to save them. To hug him this time, and protect them. But she wasn't here. She was gone, and all that was left of her was a piece of her falling apart mind. He wished that he could've had Y/n there, to keep their promise to each other that they would stay safe. But it was broken. Tko broke his promise to help Y/n get through this, and he broke his promise to kill Y/n if anyone ever got her. Now he understood why Y/n regretted everything. She did because no matter what, he just couldn't keep his promises, and now she's technically dead.

But there was still a spark of hope. Y/n had died before, and came back to life because of their love. If she truly did love him, maybe she would come back. Maybe she would be okay.

"There's nothing you can do. Y/n is dead. And in just a few moments, so will you four." Shadow smirked. "Now, it's time to die."

~~~

Her eyes opened, and she shot up in shock.

aNoThEr cLiFfHaNgEr