Unfortunate feelings

Thomas' POV

I walked into my apartment, sighing. I was immediately met with the sound of the tv. I walked over to the leather chair in front of the tv and saw John, my roommate.

He glanced at me and gasped.

"Oh God! Thank God you're home," his eyes darted to the screen, then back at me his eyes were filled with fear. "I'm watching Cujo." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Alone?!" John nodded frantically.

"Yes! But what is wrong with this dog?!" He pulled the blanket tighter to him as he once more glanced back at the screen. I walk a bit closer.

"Hey," I said, after a few seconds of not speaking. "Did you get to the part where they're trapped in the car and Cujo's throwin' himself at the windshield?" I smiled at the memory of how scared I got as a kid. John gasped.

"No! No! Seriously, what's wrong with the dog?!" He then stopped in his tracks and really took a good look at me. "Wait a minute, what are you doing home so early? What happened to your date?"

All of my dates -- no matter if I didn't really like them that much -- usually ended in sex, so I can understand John's confusion. I sighed.

"Oh uh, it didn't work out." I bit my lip. The reason why it hadn't worked out is because earlier that week, I had been on a pity-date with John, since he missed dating, which he hadn't done in months. I had.. felt something for John, which has scared me.

"Oh. Do you want to watch the rest of the movie with me?" His eyes were pleading and I couldn't help it.

"Oh uh. Okay. Yeah." John smiled sweetly.

"Y'know, I never thought I'd say this about a movie, but I really hope this dog dies!" I chuckled softly and moved a stool over, next to the leather chair, and sat on it. For some reason, that upset John. "What are you doing over there? Come sit here, you project me!"

"Oh sure, yeah, why not?" I shifted to sit on the armrest of the leather chair, a bit closer to John than before. We both started to focus on the movie.

A familiar dog was suddenly I'm the screen.

"Okay, that's him! That's him! That's Cujo! That's Cujo!" John pointed frantically towards the screen.

"Alright, I know! I know. Yeah it'll be okay.." I stroked his arm soothingly, trying to calm him down.

"Oh my God....What's he gonna do now?" John was extremely tense, on the verge of tears, I'd say. "I can't watch!" He buried his face in my chest, which resulted in me freezing in shock. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around him to 'protect' him. "Oh- seriously, how can you watch this? Aren't you scared??"

I felt heat rise to my cheeks. My heart beat fast and I couldn't focus on the movie. All I could focus on was John's warm body.

"...terrified." I said after a lot of hesitating, though I wasn't afraid for the same reason.

~~~

The next morning I sat by the kitchen counter, eating a bowl of Frosted Flakes.

'Alright. It's a new day,'

I thought to myself.

'All that stuff about John.. you don't feel that now. It was crazy! You're fine. You're better than fine! You are, as your friend Tony the tiger would say; Grrrreat! Everything's normal! He's just your friend John! Your friend John. Your friend! John.'

I nodded along to my thoughts. Just then, my roommate walked out from his room, dressed up for work, as always.

"Morning Tommy." He smiled sweetly and walked to the bathroom. I smiled widely.

'Hey, it's your boyfriend, John!'

I realized what I had thought and groaned.

~~~

Another day passed. I had realized that what I felt about John... It was just a crush! It'd go away.

I was sitting at the counter, eating a bowl of Cocoa Puffs.

'Alright. It's a new day, and it's just a crush, that's all! Just a little crush! All that worrying I was doing, that was crazy! Crazy! Like my friend here the bird would say, "it was cuckoo!" Everything's going to be fine. It's just a crush.'

I told myself, feeling calm rush over me.

Of course, that's when John walked out of his room, messy from sleep, but his normal soft smile still there.

"Hi Tommy." He walked to the bathroom and my gaze followed him.

'I love you.'

Then I slammed my head in the table.

A/n: if any of you watch F·R·I·E·N·D·S, you should know I just copied the script and changed the names.

I'm sorry I don't update a lot, I'm kinda.. working on ask requests at once, but then I get my own ideas and... well, I lose focus on what's important.