Flowers

Thomas' POV

I put on one of my less expensive, less fancy suits. It was a dark shade of black, paired with a white button down shirt and a teal tie. I let my hair down, just as usual, but it was neater. My beard was trimmed and I put on my special-occasion glasses.

It was time for John and I's 100th date, and I couldn't afford to look cheap, nor underdressed. It had to be absolutely perfect. We'd been together for three whole years, and we were still as in love as we were on our 12th date. I mean, that's when we exchanged our 'I love yous' for the first time.

But anyway.

I heard a knock on the front door, just as I was applying a bit of cologne.

"John, honey, could you go get that?" I called out for my boyfriend as I attempted to put on my earrings and other piercings. There was another knock, and not a word from John. I sighed and made my way to the door, a bit of frustration building up inside me.

I opened the door to see.. John. He wore a suit similar to mine, except that his button down was teal and his tie was white. He had a charming smile on his lips and his eyes gleamed with love and mischief.

"Honey? What are you..?" From behind his back, John pulled out a magnificent bouquet of different flowers, which I knew he'd tell me about as soon as he handed me the bouquet.

"The asparagus foliage symbolizes fascination, because not a day goes by when I'm not fascinated in the wonder that is you. Agrimony symbolizes thankfulness, which is what I feel whenever you smile; I'm thankful you're mine. Arbutus means you're the only one I love. And the red carnation is for my passionate love for you." My not-that-much younger boyfriend explained, and by each flower, my face grew redder. But John sighed. "I'm.. sorry. I know you're one for the classics, so maybe I should have bought roses... I could have mixed red and white, so it'd mean we're united. Maybe thornless, to tell you it was love at first sight..? I don't know, I just feel like I disappointed you. Forget-me-nots might've been appropriate... am I rambling? I feel like I'm rambling. I'm just gonna sto-" I gently pecked his lips.

"I love the flowers, and I love you." I smiled, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Why'd you go through all this trouble to get flowers?"

John chuckled. "It's our 100th date, so I figured we could spend it like we did our first date, only more special, since we know each other." A small blush dusted his cheeks. "But maybe that's a weird idea.."

"It's lovely." I said simply and put the bouquet aside to hold both his hands in mine. "So, where are we going, mon tendre?" I moved my hands to hold his arm, to which John smiled.

"Don't you remember our first date?" He asked teasingly while closing the door behind me. I rolled my eyes playfully and chuckled, locking the door.

"I do, of course, but I don't think we can find a cinema that plays Ghostbusters on such short notice." I sighed. It would've been so perfect... John stared at me, the mischief in his eyes more clear.

"What do you mean 'short notice?' I've already booked two tickets." He smirked and pulled them out if his pocket. I let my jaw drop.

"How did you..?" I pointed to the tickets, with my mouth still agape, but more of a smile. John snickered and winked, pulling me towards the car. We both laughed.

*****

The two walked out of the movie theater, both smiling and rambling on about how great the film was and how they should've seen it sooner, and how it was better than they remembered.

"I'm just saying," Thomas began, lacing their fingers together. "That has to be one of my most favorite movies."

John chuckled. "Even better than Band of Brothers?" I turned my head to him, a cold expression over my whole face.

"Band of Brothers is a fucking masterpiece, and a true story. It's about w-" suddenly, a pair of soft lips met Thomas' for a brief moment, only to be pulled at. John chuckled at his boyfriend's blushing, caught off-guard face.

John's POV

I slowly stopped chuckling, and settled on a sweet, loving smile. I looked down at my hands and sucked in a soft breath, opening my mouth to speak. The smile spread wider on my lips.

"Thomas," I began, the lump in my throat growing. I cleared my throat. "You and I have been together for three years, and you have made them the best years of my life. I can't imagine my life without you, because I don't want to. So..." I slowly lowered myself to the ground and on one knee, pulling a small box out of my pocket. Thomas covered his mouth, looking down at me as I took his hand in mine, opening the box to show the ring. "Thomas P. Jefferson, my best friend, the love of my life... will you marry me?"

Thomas got down on the ground and hugged me tightly. "Absolutely! Yes!"

*****

Now, NSFW warning. It's nothing important to the story, so y'all can skip to the next bold letters! Plus, this isn't them fucking. It's them... making love.

*****

The couple arrived at home, stumbling inside. John pressed soft, loving kisses onto his fiance's jawline and upper neck. The other man smiled like a dork, angling his neck to give his shorter lover better access. John took the pass and kept kissing while removing Thomas' suit jacket, and shoving him gently against the wall.

"Oh my..~" Thomas let out a slow moan. John smiled against his neck. "You j-just know how to make me feel good huh..?~"

"I have my ways..." the freckled man whispered, staring into his darling's eyes as here loosened his tie ever so slowly. But Thomas' eyes weren't filled with lust. They were filled with love. "Now come on, mi girasol, let's move this to the bedroom~"

They each dropped an article of clothing on their way to the bedroom, only quitting the they both were completely undressed.

Both John and Thomas had their insecurities when it came to their bodies, but the other would always confirm that they loved every single part in every single way.

John laid on his back, spreading his legs to give Thomas access.

*****

The  session was nothing like they usually would. It was always hot and steamy, filled with need and lust. But that night was slow and tender, yet still, of course, passionate. The two newly engaged men were celebrating their love for one another, not fucking.

Thomas rocked his hips slowly and lovingly kissing the man of his dreams. John let out soft whimpers and pleasured moans, his arms draped carefully around Thomas' shoulders.

Suddenly, a burst of white, hot pleasures shot through the smaller male and he tilted his head back, dragging out a long moan as he released over both their chests. He panted, and Thomas let him breathe for a while, waiting for a green or red flag to follow. With a slight nod from John, Thomas thrusted again, a bit faster this time. The moans got louder, but still they sounded nothing but pleasured.

After not that much time, Thomas felt himself climax deep inside of John, panting as he rode out his high. John had come with him, and was completely exhausted. The taller of the two laid down next to the other, grabbing his hand firmly and pressing a kiss to his palm.

It's alright to read from here.

They stayed like that, holding each other close in bed, for a few minutes and felt joy pool in their stomachs. As Thomas wrapped a blanket around them, he couldn't help but speak.

"...I'm just saying, 'Thomas Laurens' sounds so tacky."

"Tommy, quit it."

A/n: Happy Valentine's day!