Five

A/N - Chloe Barlow and any kiddies belong to Carolineeexx
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Carla took Brooke back home. She had been quiet. Carla was worried about her. She knew something was bothering her. Carla still couldn't believe that Brooke had willingly given her Baby away. Especially to a person she hasn't ever met before.

Brooke went straight to her bedroom. Carla sighed. The buzzer went off. Carla answered it and let the visitors in. It was Johnny and Jenny.

Johnny looked around. "Where's Brooke?" He asked.

"In her bedroom. She walked in and went straight to her room," Carla said.

***
Aiden had managed to drag Brooke out of the house. He was taking her for some lunch. The two of them bumped into a girl with blonde hair. "Aiden."

"Chloe. You okay?" Aiden asked as he checked her over.

Chloe nodded. She smiled. Aiden grinned. "This is Brooke. My niece," he said.

***
Chloe decided to join the two of them for lunch. Brooke hadn't talked much. Chloe could tell there was something bothering her. But she didn't want to say anything. She didn't want to offend Aiden or upset Brooke.

Brooke went to the toilet. Chloe turned to Aiden.  "Is she okay?" Chloe asked.

Aiden sighed. "It's a long story. Brooke will have to tell you. I don't think she'll want me to talk about it," he told her.

Chloe nodded and smiled. Brooke came back.

***
Brooke and Chloe were walking around the street. Chloe felt herself wanting to be friends with Brooke. "Fancy doing something tomorrow?" Chloe asked.

Brooke shrugged. "Sure."

***
Brooke went home. Carla smiled. "You doing okay?" She asked.

Brooke nodded and smiled. "I met a friend of Aiden's. I'm meeting with her tomorrow."

Carla smiled and nodded. "That's okay. I'm gonna enrol you into school soon. You have to get your GCSEs," She told her daughter.

***
The next morning, Brooke went to grab a shower. She was kind of excited to see Chloe. The two of them had been texting all night.

Carla was talking with Johnny and Jenny. "Did she say who she had given the baby to?" Jenny asked.

Carla shook her head. "No. But it's odd. Toyah Battersby has a new baby. That doesn't strike you as odd?" She asked her father.

Johnny sighed. "From what Peter was saying, him and Toyah had a surrogate. She gave birth recently," he explained.

Carla scoffed. "I doubt that. If Toyah has taken that baby and passed her off as Peter's, I'll kill her," she said.

***
Brooke heard Carla talking about the baby. Brooke sighed. She knew her mum hated her for what she did. She sat on her bed and cried.

Brooke quickly grabbed her coat and walked out. She ignored Carla calling her. Brooke sat down on a bench and tried to hide the tears.

***
Chloe saw Brooke and sat down next to her. "What happened?" She asked.

Brooke shook her head. "Don't worry about me."

Chloe frowned. She knew something was bothering Brooke. But could she ever get her to confide in her?