you gonna marry me, covey? (marriage au) | 1

/ an: omg but AH, i'm back and ready to update once again. sorry for the late update, i've been busy because of midterms. thanks for all the love and 14.7k, you all are amazing!

p.s. covinsky question at the very end and this is the first part! /

« covinsky adult life au:
lara jean and peter break up »

« covinsky adult life au: lara jean and peter break up »

LJSC

          They say, "It's the things you least expect that hit you the hardest." Now that I think about it, it's completely true.

Love used to be my favorite subject when it came to books and movies, but no one ever told me how love could change in an instant. Love turns into a heartbreak.

Peter Kavinsky was not only my first love, but he was also my first real heartbreak.

___________

          It was midnight when Chris interrupts my sleep. She climbs through my window and kicks off her boots. "Thanks! I owe you a lot."

Even though we've been roommates for the past two years in UNC, I still smile when we both come home for the weekend and she still manages to be my roommate.

"Lara Jean, you're moving to California?" Chris asks looking through the pile of papers on my desk.

I turn around and quickly snatch my folder off her hold. "You weren't supposed to see this."

"You don't have to hide it from me, Lara Jean." She shrugs and plops herself on top of my bed. "I had a feeling you were planning on moving to California, but I didn't know it was for this."

My eyebrows shoot up when I wonder how she would know. "How--"

"Remember, I did use your laptop a few times when I had to finish my paper." Chris explains. I let  out a little laugh when I realize Chris still hasn't changed ever since we first met. She's still in my business, but it's for my own good. She continues, "So have you told Kavinsky?"

I stay silent still not answering her question. "No..."

Chris sits straight up before glaring at me. "You still haven't told Kavinsky?"

"No."

"Lara Jean!" She yells loud enough for Jamie Fox-Pickle to run and bark outside my door. "I can't believe you still haven't told Kavinsky— it's going to break him. Are you planning on leaving without telling him?"

I sigh and sit next to her on my bed. "I'm telling him this weekend, but I don't know how."

"You have to be honest with him, he's so in love with you and you're just going to break his heart like that?" Chris points at the folder that sits on my table.