If I could tell her-Billy Andrews imagines (Anne with an E)

Please forgive me. I've been watching season 2 of Anne with an E and even tho he's a horrid boy, I've been crushing on Billy. Anyway this is based on the song from dear Evan Hanson. Some bits will be changed up but for the most part it'll play by the songs lyrics
_____________________________

Y/N POV
It's been about a week since my brother died. It was so sudden. He was helping the neighbors with their leaky roof. He fell off the roof and landed on his neck. Clearly he broke it and died instantly. It's my first day back to school. My brother and I weren't close. I was a rag doll to him. He bullied me around but I just got used to it. I'll have to face all his friends especially his best friend since God knows how long, Billy Andrews.

                                       ...

Billy's POV
Today is the day my best friend Y/B/N's sister is coming back to school after his death. She wasn't ever someone to talk to me all the time. She was so lovely, and sweet and caring. Her brother was awful to her. I always say dreamed about her. How her beautiful Y/H/C bounced and her beautiful Y/E/C would twinkle in the sun light. She was so amazing and her brother was horrible. They lived quite a while away so it wasn't a surprise that she wasn't their when the bell rang but she came in a minute or two later. She looked so beautiful. Her eyes sparkling, her baby blue checkered dress looking dashing on her. Her hair in one big braid. She looked so lovely. I looked back to the front. Mr Phillips didn't make a snarky comment to her lateness for once. She walked over to her a Josie's desk and sat down. Josie looked at her giving her a sad little smile but she didn't return it back. I sighed and looked back at Mr Phillips, yet hardly paying attention to his teachings.

                                       ...

Lunch finally made its way around. I walked over to Y/N who wasn't sitting with anyone else, she just sat alone eating a sandwich and thinking. I sat beside her and she looked over and gave a smile, it wasn't real but I get it I really do, well I don't but I can expect how she feels isn't a smiley matter.
"You know he said some good things about you." I said "Really? My brother, the biggest jerk in all the world?" She said chuckling with a raspy voice clearly from crying. "He said, there's nothing like your dimples when you smile." I said, sighing thinking about how her dimples and smile make her face light up. "But he kept it all in his head, so he could keep his rep up." I said mentally face palming. "Did he say anything else?" She asked smiling. "About y-you?" I stuttered not thinking that through. Her smile fades. "Never mind I don't really care." She said fast and started to stand up. "No no no he said a lot but I just think you should hear the best." I said grabbing her wrist so she can't get further away. "He said you looked really pretty- er it looked pretty cool when you got the dress with the puffs on the sleeves (a/n: what is this becoming😂😂😂) ." I said frantically again mentally blowing my cover she got excited again as her face lit up. She got up to hug me. It was long and warm and just amazing, like any hug anyone needed. The bell rang and we walked back into the class. If I could tell her. That that's what I believed. I gasped slightly. What if she finds out I lied. I actually face palmed this time. How do I say I love you. How can I tell her I love her. If I could tell her.

                                     ...

The last bell rung and we all ran out. I muttered under my breath. If I could tell her I love her. "Who do you love?" The girl came out from behind me swinging here arms around with her bag and books inside. I look at her for a second. How do I say I love you. It's harder than you think, when the girl you love is right there. "Hello? Billy!" The girl said waving her hands in my face then clapping them. I jumped out of my daze. And I did the dumbest thing I could ever do "I love you." I said out loud. I slapped my hand over my mouth. "You what?" She asked. I shook my head and started running, but she chased after me. Tears formed in my eyes realizing I just jeopardize everything. Then she stopped. I was confused and stopped to, believing she got hurt. Then all the sudden I hear "BILLY ANDREWS I LOVE YOU TOO!" I looked behind me and saw her standing there panting from running and then screaming. I ran back to her and before she could say anything I pulled her into a kiss. We stood like that for a while. Then she gasped. "I need to go my mother will be worried sick." She started running but turned around and gave me another quick kiss on the lips before yelling a final "Goodbye Billy!" And then running off back to her home. I stood there for a minute then realized just what happened. I turned back around to head home but I pumped my fist into the air and let out a quick "Yes!" Before running back home to dream about my...girlfriend, yes my girlfriend.
________________________________what did you guys think about this? This was 948 words counting the beginning statement❤️