Black Bulled

To be The Wizard King.

That's pretty much the dream of everyone in the Clover Kingdom, including myself. I mean, being the wizard King basically means you're the most powerful mage, and all the respect that comes with it. So I want to be the Wizard King, that's normal.

Here's where things start to differentiate from others. Being the wizard king is not a given job, you have to earn it, which is great. Yet, those that know who I am think that it's just going to be handed down to me. Oh, I haven't introduced myself. My name is Freddi Novachrono and I am the daughter of the Wizard King.

"Ugggggh." I closed my grimoire and put it back in my bag. "This is so annoying."

"I don't understand why you don't join something like the Golden Dawn or the Azure Deer. If you tell them who you really are, they will definitely let you in." Said my dad. He was in another one of his crazy looking disguises. It looked like I was talking to some random, senile, old man.

"Dad, I get I could throw around my title and have basically everything I ever wanted.... But if I'm going to become the wizard King, fairly, I have to do this the right way. I earned my way into the black bulls. Captain Yami is the only one that's saw my abilities as useful."

"I still think that's ridiculous that none of the other teams wanted you.... Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Captain Yami and I love the Black Bulls but.... You're as strong as your mother was with healing. Who wouldn't want you?"

I looked him in the eyes. He could tell even one mention of my mother brought back emotions. I never really got a chance to meet her. She died a few days after I was born. Mihoko Novachrono, aka, the Mage with the Golden Hair. She was the second strongest wizard in the country, I guess that's why my dad fell for her. they called her the Mage with the Golden Hair for obvious reasons but I think it was more of a golden heart.

"Dad.... I ask you this all the time but what was she like...."

He sighed and stroked his fake beard. I tried not to stare.

"Your mother was as kind hearted as she was beautiful. All she ever did was help and try to make the country better. We were on the same magic knight squad you know. The way that her hair reflected off the cloak, and the way she kicked ass...."

"Dad."

"Right. Sorry."

"Do you think I can ever amount to her standards?"

"You're the daughter of the two most powerful Mages. I think you'll be even better..." He smiled a fake toothless smile. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I better get going."

"Hey before you go, tell me, are you going to tell anyone else about your origins? It's up to you now, I only kept our relationship a secret that way you could live a normal childhood, now since my baby girl is growing up in joining a magic Knight squad..."

"No we're keeping everything a secret for now...."

"Fair enough."

"I got to get going before I end up getting kicked out on my first day. Thanks Dad..."

"Be careful."

"I will."

I took off running in the direction of the Black Bulls hideout. Being the daughter of the wizard King, I knew this entire country like the back of my hand. The best part is I blend in with all the other mages. Like my dad said, he kept me being his daughter a secret. He was afraid that everyone would assume since he's the Wizard King, I'd automatically be when I get older. So no one other than a few trusted people know who I really am.

"This is.....SO COOL!!" I shouted, standing outside the building. The door swung open, showing a tall, muscular man with a cigarette hanging from his lips.

"Eh....who the hell are you..."

"Ah! It's a pleasure to be here Captain Yami. I'm Freddi."

"....You're as annoyingly peppy as that other kid...." He turned and headed back inside.

"Uh...." I stood there, questioning everything.

"Well? Get your ass inside!"

"Ah! Yes sir!"

Walking into the hideout was almost breath taking, from excitement, and the smell of booze. I looked around. There was a young woman passed out with a bottle in her hand. A guy sat at a table with a picture, I think his nose was bleeding. Another guy with glasses and spiked hair was arm wrestling a boy that looked my age, while a girl watched unamused.

"...whoa...."

"Beautiful isn't it."

"Well.... it's.... something...."

"You got a problem...." Yami growled. I shook my head.

"Not at all. This is amazing. I'm happy to be here Captain. I'll make you proud!" I heard his stomach grumble.

"Whatever... I'll get your cloak later...I gotta go....FINRAL!" The captain shouted as he waddled off. I turned my gaze back to the others.

"....welp....here goes nothing." I walked over to the two boys who were arm wrestling. "Hi."

"One second." Said the one with spiked haired. The younger one slammed his hand down, winning. "Ugh....damn it..."

"I'm....sorry for disturbing you..."

"Don't worry about it. Hey you're the newest member right?"

"Yeah. I'm Freddi." I held out my hand, smiling. He shook it, standing up from his chair.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Magna. This is..." He looked to the other boy. "GET UP AND SHOW THE LADY SOME RESPECT!"

"Crap!" He jumped to his feet and bowed. "I'm so sorry! I'm Asta it's a pleasure to meet you!"

"Y-you don't have to bow! I-it's not like I'm royalty or anything...." I covered my mouth. Asta stood up straight and smiled.

"Sorry...but it really is nice to meet you. Oh, and this is Noelle." Asta said pointing to the girl who was still, at most, bored.

"... Well.... I'm glad to see there's another teenaged girl on the squad...." She flipped her hair and stood up from her chair. "Noelle Silva." She held out her hand. I shook it.

" As in the Silvas? The noble family?"

"Exactly."

".... Why would someone as Noble as yourself....be in the black bulls?" I squinted my eyes, Noelle showed no emotion but I could see it in her eyes, something was wrong. "Oh wait don't tell me…you decided that it would be better for you to work your way up.... That's what I'm doing too.... Only way to get better is to start from the bottom."

"Y-yeah. Yeah! Exactly see you got it. You know I have a feeling we're going to be great friends." Noelle smiled. I smiled back.

"Same here. I have a feeling that joining the Black Bulls is going to be the best decision I ever made."