Chapter 3

I sat there in the ambulance, Harrison's head on my lap, hoping, praying that Tom would be okay. Trevor had beat him badly and I wasn't sure if he was going to be okay. The lights and siren on the ambulance turned off and we came to a stop. We were at the hospital. The driver ran to the back and flung open the doors. They lifted Tom's stretcher out of the ambulance and someone else brought one for Harrison and layed him down on it. The paramedics ran them inside and I followed. They brought Tom into one room and Haz into the one next to him. I tried to go into Tom's room but they told me I couldn't. They wouldn't even let me go into Haz's room. They just told me to go wait in the lobby and they would tell me when they had news. I found a chair in the lobby and sat in it. I immediately brought out my phone and called Nikki, Tom's mom, since we were in London. "Hi Zendaya!" Paddy answered. "Paddy, listen carefully, I need you to hand the phone to your mom right now. Its important." "Sorry. can't do that. She's doing errands and she forgot it." "Well...is your Dad home?" "No, he's at work." "Are you alone?" "No. Sam's at the gym but Harry's here." "Great! Hand him the phone!" "What's going on? Is something wrong?" Paddy asked with a scared voice. "Paddy give the phone to Harry." Zendaya's said in a Stern voice. "Ok." He said, still scared. "What's up Z?" Harry said. "Go into a different room." Why?" "I don't want Paddy to hear and frankly I don't think you do either." "Okay." He rushed into his bedroom and locked the door, worried. "Harry..." Zendaya said, crying. "Zendaya. You're scaring me. Is Tom okay?" "No." She said, sobbing now. "He...he..and Harrison... they...and Trevor..the hospital..." "I'm on my way now." Harry said. "I'll tell Sam to come home and watch Paddy, I'll be there in 15." "Thank you." Zendaya croaked. It was barely audible because of her crying. She hung up and called Darnell. "Paddy?" Harry said. "Is Tom okay? Why was Zendaya so worried?" "I don't know...but I'm sure Tom is I'll be okay. I have to go find Zendaya but Sam will be here in 5 minutes, okay?" "I'm scared." Paddy said. "Me too." Sam said, getting into his car and driving to the hospital.

A/N: Way to make Paddy feel better Sam!

Zendaya lifted her head up as she heard Darnell call her name. "Z!" She stood up and ran to him, hugging him. "What happened?!" "Trevor...came to...Benny's...and...and...kissed me...and tried to...to do more....but...But Tom fought him...and...Haz helped...He...he beat Tom...really badly...and picked...picked him up...and threw him on the ground...and...and Haz...he...he tried to...tried to...stab me...but Haz blocked him...and he made...a bunch..of ...cuts...on him and...and a big...gash in his...arm." She said, in between sobs. "Hey, hey. It's okay." Darnell said, whall hugging her and petting the back of her head. He led her over to the seats and sat down next to her. Harry ran in. "Where's Tom?! What happened?!" This only made Zendaya cry harder. Darnell patted her back and grabbed Harry's arm. He pulled him over a few feet away from Zendaya where she couldn't hear him. "Z's old boyfriend. Z's old abusive boyfriend, Trevor came to Benny's whall Tom and Haz were in the bathroom and he kissed Z and...tried to...do more so Tom fought him off but Trevor beat him really badly and when Tom couldn't even move his hand anymore, he picked him up and threw him down really hard on the asphalt. And then Z was hiding with Haz who had strict orders from Tom to protect her and Trevor came at Z with a knife and Haz saved her life. He ended up with a bunch of cuts all over and a really deep gash in his arm. He lost a lot of blood." "Are they alive?!" Harry asked, almost crying. "Yes, if it weren't for Z calling 911 they would have been dead by now. They're really bad though." Harry sighed and walked over to Zendaya. She stood up. He hugged her and said, "Thanks." "For what?" "For keeping my brother alive." Darnell sat next to Zendaya and Harry sat next to Darnell. After about 20 minutes of sitting there, crying, s doctor came over to them. "Are you miss Coleman?" She said. "Yes! Yes I am. Are they okay?!" "I'm afraid I have some good news and some bad news." She paused. "Your friend Harrison has lost a lot of blood but he will be okay. We sterilized, cleaned out, and stitched up his wounds b it he in still unconscious. He should wake up in the next couple of hours though." "So he's okay?" Harry asked. "Yes. But he does have a broken arm and a broken rib." "Thank goodness." Darnell said. "He's going to be okay." "What about Tom? Zendaya said. "I'm afraid we don't know yet." "Is he okay?" "We don't know yet, ma'am." "Tell me he's okay!" She yelled, a tear streaming down her face. Darnell wrapped his arms around her. She turned around and cried on his shoulder. "We will tell you as soon as we know." The nurse said, walking away. "Wait!" Harry said. "Can we see him?" "Who?" "Tom." It got silent. Zendaya stopped crying and looked up at her, pleading with her eyes. "I'm afraid not sir. Not in his...current condition." Zendaya turned around and started crying on Darnell's shoulder again. He hugged her tighter. "I need to go for a walk." She said, getting up. "I'm coming too." Darnell said. He stopped and turned to Harry. "Go to Haz's room. Tell him what happened when he wakes up. Don't tell him about Tom." He whispered. Harry nodded and went to Haz's room. Darnell quickly caught up to Zendaya. They walked outside. He walked with Zendaya. She was crying, silently. He stopped and put his hands on her shoulders and looked her in the eye. "Tom's gonna be okay." He whispered. She just hugged him tightly and started crying. All of a sudden a bunch of paparazzi ran around the corner with cameras. "Are you and Tom dating?" "Is Tom okay? "Why are you at the hospital?" She was bombarded by the flashes of the cameras and questions from the paparazzi. She stopped hugging Darnell. She turned towards them and stared at them, crying. The flashes of the cameras and the questions suddenly became silent to her. All she could hear was Trevor's evil laugh, Tom screaming, Haz saying, "Zendaya, run!", And Tom saying, "Not her! Get me instead!" Get me instead. That last part played over and over again in her head. Get me instead. She suddenly snapped back to reality. The cameras, the questions, the pounding headache this was giving her. She started crying even harder and ran back inside. "What is wrong with y'all?! She is obviously not in the mood for all of this right now! You should be ashamed of yourselves! She may be famous but she's a no person too!" Darnell shouted at the paparazzi. He ran inside after Zendaya. She ran into Haz's room. He was awake now, sitting up, talking to Harry. She ran over to him and hugged him. "Z? Z what's wrong?!" He said hugging her as she cried. Darnell ran into the room. He stopped as soon as he saw what was happening. "Where's Tom?"

A/N: I hope you liked it! I'm going to try to do longer ones now but do start school on September 4th so I'll try to update as much as I can but you know...yeah. I hope I didn't make you cry. (Jk that's what I was going for.) I literally made myself cry reading this. 😭😭😭😭😭😭Im writing the next chapter right now so I'll try to have it published soon but it it 1:00 in the morning so I might just sleep and do it in the morning. I spent an hour writing this. Dang. 😂😂😂 Sorry I talk too much. Thanks for reading! Share it, like it, blah blah blah. Bye!😙😙😙