1

Lagos, Nigeria

"All right, what do you see?" Steve asks over comms. Natasha, Wanda, and Y/n are placed randomly near a small cafe in town.

"Standard beat cops." Wansa says, glancing at a couple cops eating donuts. "Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target."

"There's an ATM in the south corner." Y/n spots from her position.

"Which means . . ." Steve starts but is quickly interrupted.

"Cameras." Y/n states.

"Both cross streets are one way." Steve says looking out the widow from his hiding spot.

"So, compromised escape routes." Wanda analizes.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out." Stevve explains. "You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute."

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." Nat says over comms.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda and Y/n respond in unison.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Natasha retaliates.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam says walking along the rooftops.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Natasha responds sarcastically.

"Eyes on target, folks." Steve sternly says into comms. "This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him."

Sam scoffs. "If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us."

There is shouting and horn honking outside which draws Steve to another window in the room. "Sam... see that garbage truck? Tag it." Sam sends the drone flying from his back and towards the direction of the garbage truck.

"Give me X-ray." Sam speaks to the drone and analyzes the truck. "That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed."

"It's a battering ram." Y/n says.

"How do you know what a battering ram is?" Steve questions.

"Now is not the time to question how I know stuff." Y/n rolls her eyes while she starts to walk toward where the truck went.

"It most certainly is. I don't feel like having your father chew me out for it later."

"Steve I helped build my dad's suits and go to a science and tech based school and you think I wouldn't know what a battering ram is?" Y/n says turning the corner.

"Fair point." Steve pauses as his eyes follow the truck. "Go now."

"What?" Wanda questions as Sam dives off the roof and takes flight.

"He's not hitting the police." Steve runs out of the building and towards the Institute for Infectious Diseases. Y/n uses her powers and flys over to the building, landing right when the truck driver jumps from the vehicle as it crashes through the main gates. Wanda lands next to her. Sharing a glance, the two girls run and use their magic to go over the debris. As the girls land, Steve and Sam are fighting Rumlow's team.

"Body armor, AR-15's. I make seven hostiles."

"I make 5."

One of the men begin firing at Wanda while another shoots at Y/n. The both block the bullets with their powers before Wanda sends her shooter into the sky. "Sam!" She shouts, Sam flys over and catches the guy, slamming him to the ground.

"Four." Sam reports as he runs to the next guy.

"Wanda, cover me!" Y/n shouts as her guy still shoots at her. Wanda creates a shield as y/n sneaks away and to the backside of the shooter. She gets close and says, "Boo!" The shooter suddenly turns and y/n uses her magic to lift the man in the air and drop him to the ground. "Three." She reports

Suddenly, Sam's drone flies by and scans the building. "Rumlow is on the third floor." Sam shouts to Steve as he walks up.

"Girls, just like we practiced." Steve addresses Y/n and Wanda.

"And the gas?" Y/n questions.

"Get it out." Steve instructs as Wanda lifts him to the third floor. Y/n uses her powers to pull the gas from the building and evaporate it into the air.

Steve catches up to Rumlow just as he escapes. He looks around and notices a missing vile. "Rumlow has a biological weapon."

"I'm on it." Nat says, coming out of nowhere and taking out every guy that comes at her.

She electrocutes one and another comes up behind her. She attempts to electrocute him but all he does is laugh and say, "I don't work like that no more." He throws her through the man hole at the top of the car. He drops a bomb into the truck and closes the lid. Nat quickly start fighting the two men inside, but the bomb goes off sending Nat and the men flying out the back. Steve runs out onto the balcony and spots Rumlow.

"Sam. He's in an AFV heading north." Steve and y/n arrive at the abandoned AFV and notice the abandoned gear.

"They ditched their gear. It's a shell game now. One of them has the payload." Steve reports.

Someone throws a bomb at Steve. It sticks on his shield. Steve pushes y/n out of the way and throws it in the air, allowing the bomb to detonate safely away from citizens. Rumlow comes up behind Steve and punches him in the back.

"There you are, you son of a bitch. I've been waiting for this!" Rumlow shouts as he attacks Steve.

Y/n slowly stands up and Wanda rushes to help her up. "You good?"

"Yea, where'd Steve go?" Y/n asks as she dusts herself off.

"He's fighting Rumlow, why?"

"He's a bomb." Y/n shouts and runs towards Steve. Right when Rumlow seats off Wanda contains the explosion and throws him into the air but nor for enough because he blows right next to a building.

Wanda and y/n stand in shock from the explosion. Steve stares up at the building before calling to Sam. "We need . . . Fire and Rescue . . . on the south side of the building. We gotta get up there." Steve pants, out of breathe as he runs towards the building.