NINE

Gideon returned to the studio to find a wholly rejuvenated Sean—much to Gideon's joy. He'd had high hopes that Zachary would get through to Sean and soothe his anxieties. Gideon was overjoyed to discover his hopes had not been dashed. There was no doubt in his mind that Sean did want to do this. But as with most gay boys who, up until the pivotal moment, believed they were straight...uncertainties and misconceptions about themselves tended to cloud their minds. And of course, fear of coming out and living the gay life for all the world to see. Gideon understood that such fears weren't unfounded. He had lost his best friend when he came out at the age of sixteen. It could be a terrifying and painful transition.

With Zachary's help, Sean seemed to be adjusting nicely. Honestly, Gideon didn't think Sean would have too much difficulty making the shift. Though he exhibited the expected doubts and fears, Sean was a strong personality, outgoing, open. It would hurt him, of course, if he lost some friends. But Gideon wholly believed that it wouldn't take the young man long to make new—and better—friends who loved and accepted him for the amazing person he was. Maybe some of those friends would be from this house. Gideon could hope. And he did.

"Looks like he's back with us." Harris beamed with genuine happiness. "That's great. This duo is too perfect. It would be a shame to have to abort this shoot."

Gideon nodded. "I agree."

"Smart move letting Zach have some alone time with him." Harris smiled. "I swear, that boy could turn a hardcore hater into a team player."

Gideon chuckled. "For damn sure."

"You boys ready?" Rich asked.

Zach kneeled behind Sean with a fresh condom and newly applied lube. He gently squeezed Sean's hips. "Sean?"

"Yeah." Sean nodded. "Ready."

"All right," Rich said. "Action."