[PRE] - Starry Heavens

Between sleep and waking, purrs climbed up to my hearing. Something soft brushed along my cheek and tickled grunts out of me as it calmly moved on to my nose. Almost automatically my head turned around into the other direction, but a love tap was rubbed on my bare shoulder by the mellow texture, which I riposted with a roll to the side, showing it my back to make it give up.
In lieu thereof, yet another rub graced my back, and shortly afterwards a chain of stings flashed up on my arm.
Another morning-voiced grunt vibrated through my throat before I rambled half-awake addressing the sleep killer: "I know, I know. You need looove."

Happy to hear me and to have gained my attention, the mouse hunter let out a loud but still soft and high-pitched meow.
Lost in bed sheets, my hand gripped the nearest fabric and pulled it over my head when I pleaded from underneath: "These days you don't really need sleep anymore, doo youuu, Billy?"

In answer to that, the cat hopped onto what looked like my stomach to him, however turned out to be my chest, as I quickly trapped my cat by wrapping the blanket formerly covering my head over his body.

"You nuisaaancee..." I mumbled as though my body was inebriated and pressed my eyelids together. As if it was his answer, Billy swiftly fidgeted out of the chaos of covers and let himself fall onto me, occupying my throat, chin and shoulders with his few pounds, and treaded me accompanied by satisfied purrs.

In slow motion I lifted my limp torso up, exerted, making Billy sweetly roll down in a stretching pose. With watery eyes, I yawned and opened my eyes after blinking several times. My view lead to the clock as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, whereas my dizzy head sobered up as realization caught up with me; I had accidentally fallen asleep.

8:55 PM

"Oh fuck.."

-

Initially I was about to attend some type of astronomy-geek-event, where you - to break it down - could stargaze together with others, but in the nick of time it had been cancelled for some reason.

So now there I was, a little inauspicious, having extra time left that yearned to be spend in another good way. Disappointed, I tapped onto my nose's tip and trudged through sylvan parts toward a hill, a tiny pout added itself to my expression. After my little figure passed the dark green trees that gave off a fresh smell, I arrived at the spot that saw me on the regular.

Soft breezes danced over the meadowed hill in a certain rhythmic pattern and undulated its grass, whereupon I took a deep breath in and out, feeling this soothing atmosphere. Trees in motion tickled at the bottom of the night sky and way down the curve of the hill, the city shined silently. It was a really starry night away from the turmoil of everyday life, just silence and beauty, and the thought of that made me regain my smile. In awe of the starry heavens, my pupils widened, trying to suck up all the splendor captured in this sight. Each diamond of the cosmic firework above sparkled in its own colorful way up there, far far afield somewhere in the universe or galaxy. My gaze sailed through the kaleidoscopic sea of the eternal universe, taking my mind on board.

A few minutes passed before a nouveau noise entered the scenery by edging its way into my direction. Then I heard a deep voice grunt on my rear, "Not you..."

Before even having looked behind me, I could assign the nature of the voice to the young man I met for the third time by then, and as well known, all good things are three. "As large as life!", I greeted sarcastically turning around, a mischievous grin tiptoed onto my lips.