004 | helpline

arizona sat in the shade of a tree watching peter make his way to lara jean

arizona sat in the shade of a tree watching peter make his way to lara jean. she wasn't allowed to join the run today in p.e. because of her tripping over peter's sleeping body this morning and pulling a muscle in her ankle. they'd fallen asleep while talking about today's plan and were woken up by arizona's alarm.

arizona watched as chris went inside, muttering about how hot shirtless justin trudeau is. she laughed, trudeaumania back at it again. her dad's mother used to be in love with pierre trudeau. he was the man of her dreams, until she met arizona's grandpa.

"look, i just wanted to say that i-i really, i-i appreciate it, but it's never gonna happen."

lara jean looked at peter in confusion.

"okay, from what i remember that kiss," he looked at lara, "it was hot, you know, for being in," he crinkled his nose, "seventh grade and look, i think it's really cool you think i have golden specks in my eyes," he sighed, "it's just, gen and i are in a really weird place right now,"

arizona leaned forward when she noticed lara jean's body swaying lightly, "peter!"

"-n't know what you hoped to acco-"

"peter! lara jean's about to faint!" arizona yelled out.

"whoa, whoa, whoa," he kneeled down next to her.

"nice going, idiot. you made her faint." arizona said, peter looked back at her and mocked her before quickly going back to lara jean and making sure she's alright.

arizona was kinda stuck where she was sitting, it seemed like her ankle had fallen asleep. she turned around when she heard the ruffling of trees and leaves and was met with josh, "oh, hey josh."

"ari, hey. what's wrong with you?" arizona nodded at her foot and josh looked at it, "there's no brace so i'm guessing you've pulled a muscle?"

arizona chuckled, "yeah."

"hey, do you know where lara jean is? i kinda need to talk to her." arizona caught the look of the letter in josh's hand and let out an inaudible gasp. lara jean hadn't only written one letter. josh got one too.

"uh, oh, uh yeah," she stuttered, "she's right," she turned to point at where lara jean and peter were.

kissing.

"there."

arizona felt confused and looked away from the sight in front of her, seemed like josh was equally confused, if not more. arizona pushed herself up, a weird ache in her heart and slowly trudged away, barely getting out of peter's sight as his eyes followed lara jean's retreating figure.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
hi, so i just watched
ryan higa's gooodbye video
for sean and i'm sobbing. how's your day been?
-h