Preparation

Another day, another challenge.

I wonder if somehow today will be better than yesterday.

I doubt it, it never is.

After I have a loud, but necessary stretch, I finally crawl out of my bed. Struggling to walk through the horde of clothes in my room, I finally make it over to my window and let some sunshine in my room. As soon as the blinds are open I can feel the heat beating down on my face.

I expect nothing less from California. Let's see how long I can last this morning.

Once again crossing the jungle to my bedroom door, I hurry over to the bathroom to begin my morning routine. As I am brushing my teeth, I start to feel the moisture build up on my nose and forehead.

Fifth-teen minutes today. I think that's a new record.

I finish up and quickly walk back to my room to get ready. I slip on blue pants, a gray zip up jacket, and beat up flamingo vans that I've had since sophomore year.I look inside all my bags to make sure that everything I need in there. 

Swimsuit? Check. Goggles? Check. Homework? Missing. I look over to my desk and see the small packet hiding in between my Calculus textbook.

Don't want to forget that.

I place my work into my folder and shove it into my bag. I wipe off my face with my jacket sleeve as I shove my phone and earphones into my pocket. Slipping on my backpack and slinging my gym back over my shoulder I make my way to the front door. I pick up the money my parents left me on the counter to get lunch after practice today, walk out the door and lock it behind me.

Oh wait. I need napkins.

Frustrated, and with liquid dripping down my face, I angry open the door. I shove my swim bag down and jog to the kitchen. Tearing off three napkins, I place two in my pocket and use the single piece to dab my face of sweat. I take a second to breathe and try to stop my face from heating up even more than it already is. Once I feel like it slowed down, I grab my gym bag and race to make it to the public bus on time.

Today is definitely not better than yesterday.