Brain

(Image above from google)
1. The brain makes up about 2 percent of a human's body weight.

2. It weighs about 3.3 lbs. (1.5 kilograms).

3. The cerebrum makes up 85 percent of the brain's weight.

4. It contains about 86 billion nerve cells (neurons) — the "gray matter".

5. The brain itself can't feel pain
Ever wonder how brain surgeons are able to perform surgeries on patients while they're awake? Beth McQuiston, MD, neurologist and medical director at Abbott, explains that even though the brain contains layers of coverings and blood vessels that contain pain receptors, the brain itself has zero.

6. An adult brain weighs about 3 pounds.

7. About 75 percent of the brain is made up of water. This means that dehydration, even in small amounts, can have a negative effect on the brain functions.

8. The largest brain of any animal is that of the sperm whale. It weighs about 20 pounds.

9. The human brain will grow three times its size in the first year of life. It continues to grow until you're about 18 years old.

10. Headaches are caused by a chemical reaction in your brain combined with the muscles and nerves of your neck and head.

11. It is a myth that humans only use 10 percent of our brain. We actually use all of it. We're even using more than 10 percent when we sleep.

12. Information runs between neurons in your brain for everything we see, think, or do. These neurons move information at different speeds. The fastest speed for information to pass between neurons is about 250 mph.

13. Dreams are believed to be a combination of imagination, phycological factors, and neurological factors. They prove that your brain is working even when you are sleeping.

14. The human brain begins to lose some memory abilities as well as some cognitive skills by your late 20s.

15. Computer or video games may help improve cognitive abilities. However, more studies must be conducted to learn how much they help or what types of games help.

16. Your brain uses 20 percent of the oxygen and blood in your body.

17. Every time your heart beats, your arteries carry 20 to 25 percent of your blood to the brain. The harder you think, the more oxygen and fuel your brain will use from your blood – up to 50 percent.

18. Every time you recall a memory or have a new thought, you create a connection in the brain.

19. Size doesn't matter in the brain. There is no evidence that a larger brain is smarter than a smaller brain.

20. There are 100,000 miles of blood vessels in the brain. The distance around the world at the equator is 24,900 miles.

21. The average number of thoughts a person has each day is 70,000.

That's all for today I hope you liked this chapter.

See you in the next chapter!

Baiiiiiiiiiiiii