Chapter 2: Because of Midriffs and Miniskirts

"I know, man, I know. I just walked in on her drying herself off the other day after her shower, her hair was all wet and her confidence was hot as hell,"

I walked next to Two-bit on our way to meet Steve and Sodapop at the DX since their shift is ending.

"She knew I was seeing her naked but she just laughed and made me get out."

Two-bit lowered his sunglasses over his eyes with his quirky smirk plastered on his face as always.

"I mean, I even got a boner. I've never gotten one around Shaila. I've always thought she's great looking but I never thought of her in a sexual way until yesterday, man," I blew smoke out from between my lips after finishing my sentence.

"Give it up, man. That ship sailed when y'all were 12 and she wanted you to be her first kiss but you said no," he cackled and kicked a small rock into the road. "Now you're in the friend zone."

"Because I couldn't ever think of kissing my best friend back then. Apparently I don't have that same thought process anymore because I have to see her tonight again and all I'm going to be thinking about is what her dress looks like on the carpet of my bedroom floor," we shuffled up to the gas station right as Soda and Steve were taking their shirts off to leave their shift for the day.

"Hey, do y'all think Shaila would fuck Dal if she got the chance to?" Two-bit spun on his heel and stuffed his hands into his jean pockets.

"What the hell, man?" I hit Two-bit's shoulder and glanced at Sodapop.

"What? You just said you got turned on by seeing her naked the other day so why not settle this now? You're not having sex with Shaila-"

"Hell no he isn't! I don't know why you were seeing her without clothes on, Dallas but don't make a move on my sister," Sodapop wasn't amused the slightest bit but I wasn't either.

Steve and Two-bit started mumbling stuff to each other, laughing after each of them said something. Sodapop got quiet though, probably feeling awkward about the topic.
-
"Sorry about yesterday, Shai," I tossed her my car keys as she ran out to the car.

"You're more embarrassed than I am," she smiled scooting into the driver seat, adjusting her skirt after she sat down.

I looked at her for a moment then glanced out my window as she began driving. Her long brown locks blew behind her after she rolled down the window on her side of the car. She wasn't noticing me looking at her which is a good thing. I don't want her to know Im into her like that. I'm not into her in a strong way, I'm like sexually attracted to her and I don't know why I'm just now feeling this.

Shaila licked her bottom lip as we passed a Dairy Queen and she immediately turned into the parking lot.

"Shai, we don't have money on us," I chuckled watching her get out of the car happily.

"Come on we don't need money," she winked at me making her way towards the enterence of the Dairy Queen.

"Hun, last time we did this you got me hauled in," I grabbed her wrist keeping her outside.

"You got yourself hauled in, Dally. You hit that cashier which is why the cops got called," she wiggled her wrist away from me and opened the rusty looking door.

Her hips swayed as she walked, her skirt perfectly hugging her bottom half and her cropped shirt showing her midriff. I glanced away from her and leaned against the hood of the car. She's sexy.

"Dally, you coming?" Shaila came back out with an ice cream in her hand a minute later.

"I'm good," I pushed myself up and got into the car, "you got your eatens, now let's go."