Chapter 2 Eavesdropping and Lockpicking

Me and Jayden walked to Audrey's house. I remembered that she had a sleepover with Jade and Diana that night. Girls usually talked about boys during sleepovers so, why not go there and see if Audrey and Jade actually like my best friend.

We hopped over the fence that separated the sidewalk from Audrey's house. Jayden ended up falling on his ass. I was doubled up in fits of silent laughter. He glared at me, but after a few moments, joined in as well. We looked for an illuminated room and we found it near the garden. We leaned against the window pane and listened in. Thank god her windows were tinted and locked, or else me and Jayden would have been caught.

"But Audrey Jayden is really ugly oh my god. I don't get what you see in him." I heard Diana say exasperatedly.

"He is hot!" Audrey said with a tone that sounded like "Oh well." I looked at Jayden and faked gagged. He saw me and stuck out his tongue at me.

"Besides, he's also really kind." Jade chimed in. I looked at Jayden with wide eyes.

"She likes you!" I mouthed.

"All the ladies do," he replied while running a hand through his hair and attempting to look like a vogue model. He squinted his eyes and everything. I was on the grass clutching my stomach. Jayden was trying to tickle me and he succeeded. And when people tickle me it only results in two things : Me yelling for help, and me hurting the person that's tickling me. So naturally I yelled "Stop oh my god!" And after that I kicked his leg which caused him to fall from his current position and land on the grass next to me.

"God dammit Em!" He cursed. I just kept laughing. Just then, we heard the latch on the front door open.

I scrambled to my feet and helped Jayden up. "Run! What the heck are you doing brushing your ass? Come on!" We hopped over the fence and we ran back home.

We didn't stop until we reached my house for fear of being caught. Thank god home was 3 blocks away. We collapsed on the couch.

"That was weird," said Jayden matter-of-factly. I agreed.

"I can't believe Audrey and Jade like you," I said shaking my head.

"Let's go to sleep we'll worry about this tomorrow,"

"Yeah okay, goodnight Jay."

"Night Em"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day we were on the topic of Jade and Audrey. I was insisting that we find more evidence of them liking Jay so that we won't be just jumping to conclusions. Jay was getting frustrated.

"What do you think will happen? Evidence will just fall out of the sky?" He says exasperatedly. Suddenly something drops out from Audrey's bag as she walks past us. There was the word "Diary" written on it in gold ink. A smile crept on my face.

"Would evidence that dropped put of Audrey's bag do?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"God dammit!" yelled Jayden as he tried, and failed to pick the lock on the diary again."Em you're not helping you know!"

"Shut up. I'm enjoying the view."

He ran a hand through his hair and forgave me, saying that "all the ladies wanted him"

"By ladies you mean your family members right?" I ask. He gives an exasperated sigh. "I'm enjoying the view from this pic of the skyline of New York dumbass."

"Oh." his face fell a little. I took the diary from him and extracted a bobby pin from my hair.

"Time me dude." I say before directing all my attention to the lock I was supposed to pick. It didn't take me that long to pick the lock. When I was done, I announced it. Jayden stopped the timer and told me I took 27 seconds to pick it. I was doing my mental happy dance.

"New record dude," we exchanged high-fives before diving deep into the book that was Audrey's