Chapter TwentyTwo

[NiKayla POV]
{11pm}

Nightfall hits and everyone is ready for this run we have to make tonight. Knowing where we are going and who we are up against, I have no doubt in my mind that something will happen.

I hope he doesn't say anything.

And I hope Michael doesn't find out.

I've been in the back room pacing for about an hour now. My heart has dropped to my stomach and this lump in my throat isn't helping my case neither. Getting interrupted in my thoughts, someone knocks on the door.

"Who is it?" I yelled.

"It's Trevon. Open the door." I jog over to the door and quickly unlock it revealing his tall figure.

"May I help you?"

"No. May I help you though? This is my room."

I look around my surroundings not even realizing that this wasn't a guest room. "Shit," I said out of embarrassment, "I'm so sorry I'll leav-" I was heading outside the door until he grabbed me by my bicep. I look down at his grip.

"It's cool 'Kayla. Can we- can we talk for a minute?"

"Ummm sure," I chuckled. I head back into the room and sat in the bed. Trevon closed the door locking it behind him? This can't be good. "W-wh-what do you need to talk to me about?"

"You know what I wanna talk about."

I looked at him puzzled.

He walks over to me and takes me by my hands. He then lifts me to my feet, gazing into my eyes. "I want to talk about us."

"Us?"

"Before you went to Cali you promised we could make something work. Now you married to this nigga you don't even love. I missed you."

"Tre, I know we had something, but that was years ago."

"I know but baby. You can't say you didn't enjoy what we had," he brings my knuckles to his face and kisses them, still gazing into my eyes.

"I can't," my voice cracks. I realize that I've broken into a cry that I can't control at this point. My release my hands from his grasp and sit on the bed.

I wanted to expunge Trevon from my life but I just couldn't. He's a better man than Michael would ever be. I wanted to be with him, but my stupid, money hungry ways said otherwise at the time. If I could change my decision now I would. But it's entirely too late for that. I don't want him tangled in all the drama the girls and I are going through. Plus Michael would kill him if he found out about this.

Trevon and I were together when Michael and I were. Michael and I weren't as intimate at the time, but Trevon and myself were. Once Michael said he wanted to move to LA to fulfill his 'rap career' and 'selling drugs' he was gonna be unstoppable. And I actually fell for his unrealistic hopes and dreams. See where we are now. Selling drugs for thousands of dollars and for what?

I wouldn't want to have a child in this environment. I wouldn't want to be MARRIED for anyone in this environment that's for sure. So why did I do it? Out of greed. Greed that could've been routed in a different direction.

"NiKayla," Trevon is now sitting next to me with his arm around my waist. "What's wrong?"

"What isn't wrong Tre? Look at what we're doing. Look how we're doing it. Look at the predicament I'm in. You don't even know half of what's wrong with me."

"I know this is a lot to take in but you gotta push baby. If it's such a problem I can stop."

"What," I sniffled.

"I can stop. All of this. For you. For us to be together if that's what you want."

I was honestly shocked by his answer. No one has ever considered giving up this for me. "Really?"

"Really baby. If you want. We could get as far away from here and start a new life. Have a house. Get married. Maybe have a few babies if you want. Anything."

I would absolutely would've taken up on his offer but it's just one major problem- "what about Michael?"

"Do you want to be with him or me?"

"You. But he'll kill you if he finds out about us. You know how he gets."

"Well it looks like I'll just have to die trying now doesn't it?" He smiled at me.

I grinned.

"Now," he blurted, "can you stop crying? It makes me want to beat his ass already."

I laughed and nodded my head.

"Good, now I can finally do what I've been waiting for," one hand holds me by waist and another by my jawline as his lips presses against mine. For the first time in years I finally feel... safe.

I felt safe in his arms so I had no choice but to embrace him closer. I repeatedly kiss him as I straddle his lap with my hands wandering his body. His hands are on my waist wandering downwards. With the exchange of lust and compassion, we can hardly handle our actions anymore. I find ourselves removing each other's clothing within a matter of seconds.

Once everything is removed he lays me on the bed and his masculine figure is towering over me. Trevon then slowly kisses my jawline as I hard his manhood toughens in his lower body. Fireworks are blasting throughout my body; I haven't felt this way in years. Is he the one that I was made to be with? Or is it all in my head?

I don't even know anymore.

~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Look, I know. We don't have to talk about it [lol]. BUT I do plan on doing better. I promise this time. I updated this one crazy y'all are going STUPID in my messages about this story (surprisingly). I want to thank everyone who's been voting, etc etc etc. I deadass love each and every one of you. I won't let you down❤️

         ~ShaayTExtreme