21-25

These revised chapters have been brought to you by me, and WanderingGummiOfDoom.

Chapter 16 – 20 | Main Page | Table of Contents | Chapter 26 – 30

Chapter Twenty One One Breath

He didn't know if the [Embryonic Breathing Spiritual Cultivation] scripture was correct. Even if he didn't want to admit it, with Pu Yao's cunning, he only had to curl his fingers if he wanted to take this little life. There wasn't a need to use a half-accurate scripture to fool him. But with Pu Yao's perverseness and strange sense of humour, finding ways of torturing him was almost certainly the case.

However, Pu Yao was usually quiet. Other than forcing Zuo Mo to cultivate [Embryonic Breathing Spiritual Cultivation], he didn't make any other moves. There wasn't any tormenting. Zuo Mo couldn't understand Pu Yao and didn't know what Pu Yao's true aims were.

Pu Yao definitely had a goal.

Sometimes, this thought was extremely clear and certain in his mind. However, when he tried to think about it, he found it was as though he was peering into a vast and deep ocean. You never knew what was really hidden at the bottom.

Maybe Pu was really trying to help him. Zuo Mo knew just how difficult it was to heal wounds of the spirit. If it wasn't for [Embryonic Breathing Spiritual Cultivation], it would still be a question of whether he would be breathing right now.

Blaming Pu Yao seemed unreasonable.

It could only say that Pu's strangeness and sense of perversion made him instinctively afraid.

The most tragic thing was that no matter what Pu's goals were, he had no space to rebel. No matter if this was the true [Embryonic Breathing Spiritual Cultivation] scripture or not, no matter what aims Pu Yao had, he had no room to rebel. In front of the kind of great existence that was Pu, he was pitifully weak. The only thing he could do was force himself to charge forward in hopes of finding that glimmer of hope.

If it was really just torture, as one already in the situation, he would sink in Pu Yao's torment or survive through it.

Damn it! How did he provoke such a calamity!

Time passed, drop by drop, accompanying the strong feeling of suffocation was a terror that uncontrollably rose.

His awareness started to fade. He was completely unaware of the fact his legs were instinctively moving, trying to rise out of the water but he had been sinking the whole time and it was now too far from the surface.

Was he going to die?

Even this thought was incomplete, he was paralyzed, weak as he swam in the limitless ocean.

No!

I can't die!

He tried to struggle, tried to wake his own awareness.

But all of it was useless. Under the feeling of suffocation, his awareness slowly dissipated, became muddled.

Was he really going to die... ...

In a stupor, he seemed to hear someone was yelling.

"Don't forget!"

... ...

"Even in death, you must not forget!"

... ...

For some reason, these two phrases that he considered nightmares were like a large hand that had suddenly pulled him back from unconsciousness.

I can't die!

Zuo Mo used up the last remaining strength in his body, furiously shouting soundlessly inside! His body shook violently like a sieve, the blood vessels under his skin quickly expanding, visible to the naked eye. Raven black and thick veins covering his entire body, twisting and turning like earthworms, unspeakably terrifying.