The Architect Ep. 9 Heart Heavy

"Because I was falling in love with you"

With that Demi was speechless but still filled with Anger. One moment she was just a client and now he's in love with her? That frustrated her. She wanted him to eat his own words

Demi laughed in a way Joe couldn't understand.

"You're in love with me?" She looked up at him with a smirk

"Yes" he quickly replied with a warming smile

She laughed again this time shaking her head

"That's very sweet Joe, I'm flattered but I'm your client and I think that's very inappropriate and unprofessional, don't you think?" She crossed her arms honestly regretting what she was doing but she couldn't stop. She wanted him to feel what he made her feel.

Joe smiled sarcastically. He knew what she was doing and it made him feel bad about the whole situation but he needed her to know he was wrong and he couldn't be more serious about his feelings right now.

"Did you hear what I said?" He asked

Demi nodded

"I love you. I'm in love with you" he smiled a hopeful smile

"I heard you" she pretended not to care, like she's wasn't exploding inside with his confession that was hers as well.

"You don't love me?" He asked in a serious tone

"I have work to do." She repeated his tone

"So you're telling me all those moments and times we've be spent you felt nothing?" He asked again

Demi didn't say a word she just stared at him coldly.

Joe waited a minute for a response before he attempted to leave

"Oh and Joe" she called out before he left

"Yeah?" He turned around just hoping maybe she'd say she loved him and somehow someway everything would be fine.

"Next time, make an appointment" she said coldly

He nodded and walked away feeling his heart heavy in his throat. He wasn't sure if her feelings of him was all in his head or if she was making him feel what he made her feel but ether way they both hurt.

When Joe left Demi stood there regretting everything she did and said. She loved him too and she knew it but she wanted him to feel what she felt but now that she thought of it, it was stupid and she probably just lost the wonderful person she knew. She sighed frustrated with herself.