Chapter 4: Stable

Robert

"Marcus," I can hear him perfectly clearly as I lie on his couch very much awake, blatantly ignoring him. "Marcus." Fucking hell, does this guy not get the fact that I'm not going to answer him? Wait... Did he just...

"Get off of me you lump of shit." I grumble, eyes still closed.

I can hear the smile in his voice, fucking bastard. "Oh, sorry, am I hurting you?" He asks, chuckling. Sarcastic little prick.

No, I'm quite alright. Your only cutting off my air supply and causing my legs to go numb, don't worry. I didn't really need them anyway. I shove at his side lazily, cursing. "Go feed Dan or something." I manage to get out.

He bounces once and my lungs have shrivelled up by now. "I'ts past twelve." He states randomly.

I peel one of my eyes opened, attempting to give him the 'Piss off' look. It doesn't work and he stays, sitting on my fucking stomach. I blink at him, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, is it? My Lord, I'm sorry... just hold on and let me count how many fucks I give, alright?" I fake a wide smile and lean up onto my elbows, looking up. "There's one, two... oh, shit, they flew away."

He glares at me and bounces again before getting up, laughing at my pained face. I flip him the bird, hugging my pillow again... well, the armrest really. "You didn't even give me a pillow!" I only now realise.

Mitch returns with a cup and shrugs, "You didn't seem to care. I gave you a duvet." He points out as I sit up, groaning as my neck clicks.

"Jesus, but my neck sure cared, you cheapskate." He hands me the cup. "Coffee!" I exclaim, happy to see the one thing in my life that doesn't ever leave me. That and cookies...

Mitch shakes his head, plopping down beside me. "Honestly, man. I haven't seen any other relationship as happy as you are with coffee."

I hum, "Why'd you wake me up anyway?" I ask, looking at him over the rim of the warm, brown ceramic cup. He just stares at me. I pull the cup away and sit in on his mahogany table. "Hello?"

Mitch swallows, "Eh, she wants to... I mean, she... No-I-She-"

"Mitch." I grab his shoulder.

"It's Annabelle." He says too quickly. I nod, waiting for him to continue. He clears his throat. "She was... um, she was in an accident, Mark. She's in hospital but she's stable and..."

I didn't listen anymore after that. Accident. Hospital. Stable. At least there's one positive word out of the three of them, right?

Fuck.

-

Very short chapter. But I wanted to leave you on a cliffhanger... Because I'm nice like that. :)

It's all for the suspense, my internetlings.

Please give me feedback. Vote, Comment. But mainly comment please.

Thanks.

-LA101