The path of silence.

It was dark and cold. Running, he was trying to get away from all the torture. No matter how fast he ran, he simply couldn't escape. He could feel the cold running up and down his spine reminding him that he would never be alone, thus he would never have peace.
Peace! When was the last time he felt piece? When was the last time that he felt the warm embrace of someone who cared about him? Was there ever such a time? Had there been someone who cared?
He couldn't remember...and he couldn't believe that there was. If someone did really care about him, where were they now?
He looked around trying to find someone to talk to. Suddenly the cold tunnel was full of rooms on both sides. The rooms were small and simple. In the dim light he could see a dinning table, chairs,...people. They were happy, they were celebrating. He smiled and hurried over. The smile vanished when he saw he couldn't get in. An invisible force would not let him go in. He was alone.
Feeling the need to scream and cry, the body wouldn't respond to any of the brain's commands. The legs wouldn't try to move. The eyes wouldn't look away, wouldn't cry either. Everything was silent. Even the voices inside of him had apparently turned dumb.
The silence was scary and alive. He could feel it around him and figured he should keep trying to run away from it. His only solution was getting to the end of the tunnel. Was there even an end to it?! It didn't matter. It was his last hope, the path he had to follow. The path that would hopefully lead him to the joy and happiness. But for now, that path was nothing more than silence. It was the path of silence.