[3] Humans

After the school day in Jasper, Nevada was over, Optimus sent Arcee and Bumblebee to pick up the two boys that had seen them in combat. While this was happening however, I was told to stay behind at the base even though I had acquired a altmode in the form of a Ferrari from Las Vegas, Nevada. So instead of going to collect the humans with the other two, Bulkhead and I stayed behind to get to know each other better as team mates. 

“-and so Wheeljack and I burst through the cons' line of defense and left them all for scrap with a single grenade!" Bulkhead stated.

Bulkhead was telling me all about his old comrade and friend, Wheeljack that had been a part of his former unit, the wreckers, during the war for Cybertron. I had gotten bored during the day and it was now around three o'clock in the afternoon. In order to pass the time, I had confided in Bulkhead, just to get to know my new teammate a bit better. If I was going to be spending a great deal of amount of time with these cybertronians, the least I ould do is get to know each of them a bit better as people. It turns out that Bulkhead has a lot of great battle stories and is actually a great mech to hang out with. He’s also turned out to be a great friend to those who need one. 

Just then as Bulkhead was abut to start a new battle story, I heard the engines of Arcee and Bumblebee approaching from the drive-in tunnel. They were back with the human-children. I watched as Arcee and Bumblbee puled to a stop in front of the computer that ratchet stood at. That’s when I noticed the female teenagers accompanying the two bots. Not only was there two boys there was also two teenage females with them. One was Asian and had pigtails and the other had long red hair and green eyes that shone like emeralds.  She was taller than the other girl but shorter than the older boy who had shaggy black hair and blue eyes. The last of the humans was a small boy who looked to be about twelve years old with brown, spiked hair and glasses. 

“Wasn’t there only two boys?” I thought to myself, “Why do they have two girls with them as well?”

I disregarded the fact that they had brought two extra children with them and decided to just listen to them explaining why they brouht them. As the older boy and girl with pigtails got off Arcee, Ratchet turned around and looked at them. The older girl and younger boy got out of bumblebee and stood next to the other to humans as Arcee and Bumblebee transformed into their bipedal modes. 

"I thought there were two," Ratchet said as he walked over to stand next to Bulkhead and I. 

Haven't you heard?" Arcee asked, "Humans multiply."

The smaller one raised his hand towards us. "I'm Raf!"

"I'm Miko!" the younger girl cried. She rushed over to stand in front of Bulkhead and I, the older girl following. 

"And I'm Diana!" the older girl stated, looking directly at me. 

"Who're you!?" they chorused while looking at us. 

I chuckled while on the other hand, Bulkhead looked alarmed. I knelt down in front of Diana and looked her in the eye. "I'm SoulStriker, Diana, it's nice to meet you."

She nodded at me appreciatively. 

"Bulkhead..." Bulkhead told Miko warily. 

"Are you a car?" she asked, "I bet your a truck, a monster truck!"

"Do you like heavy metal? How much do you weigh? Ever use a wrecking ball for a punching bag?" Miko fired questions left and right. 

While Miko fired off questions at Bulkhead I noticed the war look on his face that looked as if he was asking himself: "Is this femme for real?" I giggled shortly at the big bot's expression at the teen girl's enthusiasm. That's when Diana intervened though, pulling the excitable teen away from the confused and wary robot and all the while chuckling at the situation as I was. But then who wouldn't laugh at a two ton robot getting bamboozled by a fifteen year old girl. 

“So, if you guys are robots, who made you?” Raf asked. 

“Pffft!” Ratchet said, “Puh-leease!”

That’s when the thundering footsteps of Optimus were heard and interrupted the conversation. We all looked over to him and waited for him to speak. 

“We are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron…” he started. “Also known, as autobots.”

Diana stepped forwards. “Why are you here?”

“To protect your planet from the decepticons,” Optimus stated. 

Arcee cut in. “The jokers who tried to bump us off last night?”

The boy whose name I didn’t yet know now stood forwards. “Okay, why are theyhere?”

Optimus stook a step forwards before he knelt down in front of the humans and looked Jack in the eye before answering. “A fair question, Jack.”

“In part, they are here because our planet is uninhabitable, ravaged by centuries of civil war.”, Optimus continued. 

Raf spoke up again, shyly. “Why were you fighting a war?”

Optimus looked at Raf. “Foremost, over our world’s supply of energon, the fuel and lifeblood of all Autobots and Decepticons alike.”

Optimus’s optics dilated as he recalled memories from the war. “The combat was fierce and endured for centuries.”

“In the beginning, I fought alongside one whom I considered a brother.” Optimus said. “But in war ideals can be corrupted, and it was thus that Megatron lost his way.”

Miko sighed, bringing Optimus out of his flashback like state. “Is there gonna be a quiz?”

Diana tapped Miko on the shoulder and gave her a look as she spoke. “So what does Megatron, or any of this, have to do with us?”

“Megatron has not been seen or heard from in some time,” Optimus stated. “But if his return is imminent as I fear,  it could be catastrophic.”

Somewhere in orbit on the Decepticon Warship….

Soundwave walked up to Starscream at the central command station with a sonar clip playing on his mask. Starscream looked up from his screen.

“Those transmissions are emanating from deep space,” he said, turning around.  “I would hate to waste the energon.”

Starscream waved his hand. “Unless you are absolutely certain…..”

Soundwave looked at Starscream and nodded once. 

“Uggh, then lock on transmission coordinates and activate the spacebridge,” he ordered, looking at a Vehicon at a command station. The Vehicon nodded and started typing on the console. 

Somewhere in deep space…

The space bridge activated and a single ship could be seen travelling through the vortex. 

It was the vehicle mode of a silver cybertronian. They transformed and the mech stretched out of the jet-mode. 

“Decepticons!” he yelled. “I have returned…..”

To be continued….