Still Can't Think of a Good Title

If you've read this far it must mean that you like my story. So here's the next chapter.

Johnathan's POV

I walk over to him and look over his shoulder to see him drawing a little heart with small black arms, big eyes floating around him and a well drawn self portrait of himself.

I point to the little heart and ask, "What's with the heart?"

I swear that Sherwin jumped a foot out of his seat when I asked him.

He turned around quick to see me just standing there pointing at the little heart with a wondering expression plastered on my face. He gets the message and pulls out his little notebook again.

'I don't know. I just started drawing and my hand just drew it'

"Oh, well your drawing is really good. Did you ever get any art lessons?"

'Thank you,' he grins, 'and no I've never taken an art lesson in my life. I just started drawing when I was young and it got better over time'

"I wish I could draw as well as you. It would make my art teacher jealous of how good it would be."

He frowns, 'I bet you can draw, you just don't like your own art'

"No I'm pretty sure my art sucks"

Sherwin gets up and grabs a few sheets of paper and extra pencils from a bookshelf. He hands them to me and pushes me towards his chair by his desk and I'm forced to plop down in it.

Usually kids aren't this pushy when it comes to things that they want me to do. Sherwin is really determined to get me to draw and yet he hasn't said a word to me since I walked in the front door. How could someone so determined not have a voice?

I hear scribbling and assume Sherwin's writing something in his notebook. I turn and see that he has a stern expression on his face but to me he just looked cute and he wrote:

Wait, did I just call him cute?

'I know you can draw. Now, I want you to draw anything you want and show it to me when you're finished.'

"You know Sherwin," his stern face softens, even if it was a stern look in the first place, "For being so quiet you can be so pushy when it comes to things you want."

Sherwin's POV

Yeah, I know. I usually don't try to be pushy but when it comes to things like this I get very pushy.

'I know now start drawing' is what I wrote.

Johnathan turns and just sits there with the pencil in his hand doing nothing. Then he starts to grunt as if trying to get his brain to work. I huff in my head and grab my notebook yet again. I really need to learn how to talk to people but my voice sounds way too girly.

'Here I'll help you. Draw me'

He reads it and gives me a "Really?" look and I nod my head.

Johnathan's POV

I know I'm a terrible drawer and now Sherwin wants me to draw him? I already know that I'm going to fail at this but I grab the pencil and start drawing Sherwin.

--------------

After about 20 minutes of scribbling and making it perfect I finally finished drawing Sherwin.

I hear some shuffling from behind me and know Sherwin's looking over at my drawing.

Sherwin's POV

Sherwin's POV

I look over Johnathan's shoulder and see that he's drawn me pretty well. Of course I grab notebook to tell how good of a job he's done.

'You did a good job' I give him a shy smile.

He looks at me and grins but then turns into a sort of frown.

"It's not that good. All I did was scribble some lines onto a piece of paper"

'No what you did was make great art'

He laughs at that and I feel a little weird on the inside but push the feeling away.

"Whatever you say Sherwin. So don't you have homework to do or something?"

'No I don't usually have homework. I do it all in class'

Johnathan gives me a shocked Look.

"Really?! That's impressive"

I look away because he was embarrassing me and just think about that feeling I had.

It was weird, one second I was me and then the next I felt something . . . new.

"Ok well I've got homework to do so don't burn the house down"

Johnathan's POV

Sherwin gives me a 'Did you really just say that look'.

"It was a joke Sherwin, an expression"

He writes in his little notebook again.

'Oh. Looks like I need to get out more'

"Yeah I guess you do"

I grab my backpack and go down stairs to the dining room and begin doing my outrageous amount of homework.

I mean, seriously, it's only been a few weeks and the teachers are already piling us up with homework.

-----------

About an hour later I check my phone to see it was about 5 pm. I had finally finished my homework but the weird part was that I didn't hear Sherwin at all.

I put all my stuff back in my backpack and head upstairs to see what Sherwin was doing.

His bedroom door was slightly cracked and I pushed it open just enough to poke my head inside. To my surprise Sherwin was sleeping on his bed and he looked all too cute.

"Why do I keep calling him cute?" I ask myself.

I guess I spoke a little too loud because Sherwin began to stir.

He sits up and waves. I wave back.

Sherwin looks over at his alarm clock that was on his desk and gets out of bed real quick. He grabs his notepad and scrribles something.

'Sorry, I didn't realize how late it was.'

"What are you talking about?" I ask confusion clearly on my face.

'I usually make dinner around five but I wanted to start earlier since your over here.'

"Oh, well you have to make dinner for me. I can always bring something over from my house"

'No, you may be my babysitter but you are also a guest. Now I must be off to make dinner'

He walks past me and down the stairs to the kitchen. I just stand leaning on the door frame to his pale orange bedroom processing what just happened.

Sherwin is nothing like the other kids I've babysitted before. He is his own thing and I find that quite interesting.

So how'd you like the chapter? I will make chapters longer, you just have to have patience because school doesn't always agree with what little free time I have. But anyway hope your liking my story!