6th Quarter Quell

Kaydence (District 4) POV

I sit next to my mum, dad and 14 year old brother Tobias, although we call him Toby. We are waiting for the announcement on what this year's quarter quell will be, it's probably going to be something sick and twisted, I remember last year the quarter quell was crazy! my mum told me last time they took 36 females chucked them into the games. I am now 17 so its my second to last year for being able to be reaped and i'm praying it will not reaped at all.

"ITS ON!" Toby says

The Tv turns on and I hold onto Topi's hand. President Lana Snow steps up to the microphone.

"Hello panem and welcome to the announcement of what we should expect from the 6th quarter quell...This year the tributes will be....SIBLINGS!, thats right all of the tributes will be related this will be the ultimate test of love and sacrifice!"

"What The Fuck...." Toby says under his breath

"Oh yea...we have already selected the tributes! so there will be no reapings expect some families will be getting a surprise visit tonight! for those selected, good luck and may the odds be ever in your favour"

"Mum....what if they take us" Toby
says

"Hunny, they wont! I promise..I will not let anything happen to you"

I hope she's right...I can't go into the games...especially with my brother that would be hell.

Haylie (District 10) POV

So we just got the news about this years quarter quell, and my twin and I are FREAKING out, although we are only 13 and if the tributes are hand picked why would they pick us two..they wouldn't, would they?

"Haylie, are you nervous at all that they might have chosen us?" My brother Britton says

"No not really, and if they do choose us we will get through it together, like we always do"

"Britton!! Haylie!!" we hear our mum and dad call

we go inside our small run down house and meet them in the kitchen.

"Whats up?"

"We have gotten you both a little present!" They hand us both a leather beaded bracelet and we put them on our wrists

"What's this for?" Britton questions

"we have realised that we haven't given you anything in a while so we decided to do this!" Dad says

"WHAT EVER! you probably gave this to us because we might be taken away and thrown into the Hungergames" Britton yells, as he storms off into our room.

"Brit-, I will go talk to him. Thanks for the bracelet guys"

I follow Britton into our room and sit next to him on the bed.

"They were only trying to be nice, and I have already told you that the chances of us being taken are close to none"

"Yea your right...." He says as he gives you a hug

****

Its been a few hours after Brittons little performance, we have been playing cards all afternoon and its been really good. I LOVE these times we have as a family.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"Who's that?" I ask

"I don't know, you two stay here" my mum says. Dad and mum both walk to the door and open it.

"Is this the home of Haylie and Britton Fay?" We hear a man say

"Yes?"

"They have been selected to be the district 10 tributes of the 6th quarter quell and they will need to come with us immediately"

"NOOOOOOO" I hear my my scream as she falls on the floor

The men walk into the lounge and grab both of us. We both try and break free whilst screaming but nothing is working.

"Please, choose someone else, anyone but my kids!" my dad says

"Move out of the way sir we must leave now!"

"GIVE ME MY CHILDREN"

"I TOLD YOU TO MOVE" The man yells

Dad runs at the guy and tackles him to the floor, and starts punching him not stopping.

BANG

A gunshot...and then I see my dad, dead on the floor and I can hear the screams of my mother and brother, then both the men grab Britton and I and take out of the house and I can still hear the sobs of my mother. I can hardly walk..I am in shock, all I can do is hold Britton's hand and walk to the train while everyone stares at us.