61."Wrong Heartbeats"

Ji Young sighs heavily, a hint of sadness and bother in the action.

She points her finger on her phone's screen, counts "Already September"

She finishes counting the days and starts again, hoping that she's mistaken, that there are more than just 126 days left until the 6th of January, the day their contract ends. The day their contract started.

The day their beautiful relationship ends.

Ji Young lets out an other deep sigh, the small device shaking in her trembling hands, her foot tapping nervously on the floor.

A sudden touch on her shoulders surprises her, the familiar warmth spreading across her skin.

She lifts her face to the side, hiding her phone away.

Chanyeol is smirking as usual, leaning in for a soft kiss under her ear, the tickling feeling of his hot lips lingering on her skin " What are you doing jagi? Why are you sighing?"

Ji Young slips her phone inside her bag that's placed on the table in front of them and turns around, wrapping her arms tightly around his waist "Nothing important"

Chanyeol sighs, raising a brow to her and placing his hands on her slim waist "Are you sure? Lately you've been acting weird"

"Weird?" She acts as if she's confused, smiling sweetly "Like what?"

"I don't know, like, you're worried about something I'm not sure" he lifts his shoulders, pulling her closer and never letting go of his reassuring grab.

Ji Young successfully hides her sad feeling, her smile widening and she places a quick kiss on his smooth full lips "Nothing's going on, you're just overthinking"

Chanyeol stares at her with worry in his big, shiny eyes. He eventually gets convinced, his previous happy smile returning "If you say so"

"Ya! Lovebirds!"

They both turn around, Xiumin is staring at them, his arms crossed and head shaking from side to side.

"Aren't you working?" He asks, despite his strick attitude there's still a friendly smile placed on his handsome face.

Ji Young shyly escapes Chanyeol's embrace, turning to the eldest and bowing her head "We're sorry Minseok Oppa, we'll start right now"

Chanyeol grimaces, his hands hide in his pockets "Hey he's not your boss, don't be like this"

"Still, we have so much to do Yeolie, if everyone helps we'll finish in time" Xiumin simply explains. Anyone would agree that he's the calmful and logical member of the group, the one that everyone turns to for advice in hard situations.

Xiumin then grabs some birthday party decoration out of a box that's on the floor "Jongdae will be back in a few hours"

Chanyeol feels the welcoming warmth of her slim fingers inside his palm. He turns his face to find Ji Young staring at him with a beautiful smile "We're sorry, we just got a little distracted"

She keeps her gaze locked with his, even though her words are being addressed to Xiumin "We're going back to work now"

Xiumin chuckles at the sight, the couple completely ignoring his presence "Very well. You can continue with the decoration then" he smirks and leaves the kitchen.

They exchange lovable smiles. Ji Young gives the tall guy a last kiss on the cheek before letting go and following Xiumin's orders "Let's start now boyfriend. These can wait for later"

Chanyeol nods and helps her "Right"

[...]

"He's here! He's coming!" Lay whispers-yells as he moves his gaze away from the wide window and rushes to where everyone's gathered, behind the closed door.