sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴍᴏʀᴇ 2/2 ❀ ɪᴋᴇ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴍᴏʀᴇ - ɪᴋᴇ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ
___________

•ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ 6.1 |ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴍᴇʀᴄᴇɴᴀʀʏ: ɪᴋᴇ 1/2|
•ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ (ʏ/ɴ) ᴀʀᴇ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs
__________

" ʏᴏᴜ ʜɪʀᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ. ɪ sᴀɪᴅ ɪ'ᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴏʀᴋ. sᴇᴇ? ɪ ᴅɪᴅ. ɢʟᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ. " - ɪᴋᴇ
__________

Ike gazed into the clearing, a tight grip on his blade. He glanced at his teammates. Hector, Soren, and Nephenee. All of them armed and ready. They have waited for this moment. The moment where they were going to end it all.

The scorching heat was unbearable but they couldn't care less. Ike let out a huff, wiping the dripping sweat off his face. 'I fight for my friends.' A gloved hand landed on his shoulder, seeing a glimpse of (Y/n). 'I fight for (Y/n).'

"Be careful out there," They spoke softly, squeezing Ike's shoulder a bit. "I wouldn't want to see you get hurt."

Ike turned his head towards them with a little smile on his face, taking (Y/n)'s hand into his gently. "I can't promise that." He replied. "But I'll try."

The summoner sighed, giving the blue haired mercenary a weak smile. "I sure hope you do." They pulled their hand away from Ike reluctantly, (Y/n)'s expression dropping a bit. "There's no telling where this plan will go."

"Hey, ease yourself. We don't want our dear summoner to be slacking off, would we now?" Ike teased, punching (Y/n) on the shoulder gently.

"Of course not..." The summoner hissed, batting away the boy's hand. "I was just thinking-" (Y/n) looked at Ike who gave them an irritated look. "...Nevermind."

Ike gave a smug look before reverting back to the same old stone cold face. "I should head back to my position," Ike stated, turning his back towards (Y/n), glimpsing over his shoulder to see yhe summoner's worried expression. "the battle is about to begin."

Ike turned his head back only to feel a sudden warmth on his cheek. Ike's hand quickly shot up to his feverish cheek, snapping his head towards the suspect. Ike's baby blue eyes met with (Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes, who was also as flustered as Ike was. "We're you the one who kissed my-"

"For luck!" The summoner frantically answered, sprinting away from the bewildered boy, almost bumping into Hector.

Ike squinted at (Y/n)'s shrinking figure as they ran toward the Askr Trio, his hand still laying on his warm cheek. He shook his head, letting his hand fall back to his side.

What a strange person.

__________

"Ready!" Hector roared as Surtr neared. "Attack!"

Ike stood tall, blade sharp, an intimidating expression on his face as he glowered at Surtr. His teammates lined up beside him, a wall of spitting rage. Surtr suddenly paused his movement, staring at the warriors for a moment. Then, with a maniacal laugh, he charged into the opposite direction, stomping across the burning land.

Nephenee shrieked, "It's heading towards (Y/n)!"

(Y/n)!