three

ꜰɪɴᴀʟʟʏ?

++

"ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴅᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴇ, ᴀs ɪꜰ ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀᴡᴀʀᴇ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴇss  ʙᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ
ʜɪᴍ?"

i

angled my face up to the sky, like the time i made a wish but this time, the sun was only about to set. "if i asked the sun the same wish, would it make a difference?" ironically, all i could do was laugh at myself. it didn't make sense but the infatuation that maybe the bigger, the brighter the better chance that my wish gets granted.

i guess, this is really goodbye.

as soon as i arrived, i went to the kitchen to make myself a snack. running my papers all day made me crumble in hunger. upon munching on my snack, the thought of tomorrow got me tearing up. bit by bit, resisting was no use. they were already falling.

i've been supporting them since x factor era and ever since, i dreamt of meeting them at least once in this lifetime of mine. the idea of letting them know of my existence is enough to cover up for the rest of my happiness. it mattered to me so much that i did everything i could that may help me reach up to them easier.

but most importantly, i improved as a person for him. love is a heavy word, so i'd like to call this major appreciation towards his existence and efforts. his looks and charm are additional points to the adoration i feel towards him driven by the passion he has to make his dream come true. and it did.

he did it.

will i be able to accomplish mine?

"fly high lara!" i held my sandwich up like a torch resulting for its spread to fall down the floor. i let out a frustrated holler, "a star has 5 points so does 'let me meet zayn malik'!!" aimless complains exit my mouth one by one, making me lose count of time.

it went on until the sky finally fell into darkness. mother stopped by to ask how my day went but i was too drained to respond. right after she left, i uttered "can't you let me meet your son-in-law?" and drifted to sleep.

"we'll miss you, especially you, lara." our neighbors, the earhearts, gave us individual hugs. kelly and i shared the longest hug; we used to be childhood buddies. she used to always visit me and play games with me when we were younger. too bad, we had to grow up.

"you take extra good care of yourself." i said, "i suggest you get yourself a boyfriend to protect you if anything like that happens again." i whispered to her. she smiled sheepishly at me and fixed the bandage on her arm. "all i needed was a kind stranger to save my life." she winked playfully.

"who would have thought?" father butted in, associating kelly's parents. 'we'll make sure to still help on the investigation regarding this." mother added, earning a glad sigh from kelly's mom.

"just, please, stay out of danger." i said before giving her one last hug.

they were kind enough to send us off with some delicacies from seattle. considered fortune, they left back home earlier than expected that they were able to see us off.