Chapter 3

Daniel is sitting on the sofa in the living room with his feet kicked up on our glass table.

"When are we leaving?" I ask hesitantly.

"Now." He states as he jumps up and begins walking to the door. I follow behind him and he calls to mom.

"We're leaving, we'll be home soon."

"Okay, be safe." I hear her call back. Then we're out the door.

Daniel and I make our way to his truck. It's a beat up red truck with scratches of paint missing but it gets us where we need to go. Daniel isn't old enough to drive just yet his birthday is next mouth, then he'll be sixteen and take his drivers test; it's okay that he's driving us it's only right up the road and there are never any cops around here it's pretty safe.

We get a little ways down the road before Daniel speaks.

"I need to tell you something I've been hiding." There's a worried sound in his voice.

"What is it?"

"Well, there's this girl that I've been seeing..." I cut him off, "You have a girlfriend and didn't tell me!"

"Well kind of and I promised her I'd take her to the party tonight so we're going to pick her up. Please don't tell mom or dad." I don't answer him.

"Please, Jamie?"

"Fine." I snap. what's her name anyways?"

"Breanna, and another thing."

"Now what?" I snap once more.

"We're here." He says as he pulls into a driveway.

It's too dark for me to see the house but what I see is bright red hair and a black top in the headlights.

She opens the door and slides in the back seat.

"Hey Breanna! This is Jamie my sister." He says gesturing to me.

"Hi, Breanna." She says holding her hand out for me to shake.

I take her hand and respond with my name even though Daniel had already said it, "Jamie."

We ride the rest of the way in silence. I was tempted a few times to turn on the radio but each time I remembered before I stuck my hand out, that it doesn't work.

We pull into Tanners driveway and find a place to park off to the side.