Enter, Nina Fortner

''Now then, ladies and gentlemen... What was the basis for the ruling the judge made regarding the events in Stuttgart in 1986?''
The classroom was silent. The grey-haired professor gazed upon the students seated with his hawk-like eyes. No one had raised their hand to answer the question.
''My, my. Silence? Is this some sort of Oriental Zen temple or something?''
His eyes scanned the classroom, obviously searching for his next prey. Panic flared up in your chest, when professor Kronecker's eyes were pointed at you. However, you were able to release a sigh of relief, when his eyes moved to a male classmate instead.
''Mr. Eimer! I would like to hear your answer to this question.''
The man instantly straightened a bit from his slouched position, giving a bewildered ''Huh?'' at the sudden attention. It seemed that he hadn't been paying attention to the lesson, which you silently thanked him for, as it made him the more obvious prey for the professor. Everyone knew that you should at least look engaged in the lesson, if you wanted to avoid being called out in front of everyone. Stammering out a broken and unfinished sentence, the man was spared, as Kronecker looked away from him, and asked the students if any of them were able to answer the question.
''All right, can anyone break this silence?''
You might have had considered it funny, if you weren't panicking on the inside, as a woman with sandy blonde hair burst into the classroom, before leaning down to place her hands on her knees, as she gasped for air. Just like all the others in the room, your eyes were trained on the newcomer, who you recognized easily as your friend Nina Fortner. Commenting on her lateness, professor Kronecker repeated the question to Nina.
Still breathing heavily, Nina tried her best to answer the question; ''What? Oh, yes. That is... The defendant claimed that the kidnapping was the objective and the death of the victim was accidental. After carefully examining the situation it was concluded that the murder was indeed accidental. Therefore, because the murder was a crime of passion I believe the murderer was merely sentenced to fifteen years in prison.''
While your classmates stared at Nina in awe at her quick answer, the grumpy professor's lips turned up into a small but genuine smile, praising Nina for her answer and told her to take her seat. It was only then that Nina raised her head to look up and cheerfully reply with a ''Yes professor.''