chapter 365-380

Chapter 366: Oldman mines

The dwarves were naturally cautious against humans.

This was for the same reason why elves were cautious against humans.

Humans were one of the most complicated races on the continent. Saying they were noble did not fit and saying they were evil was not completely right, but the slavers and hunters in the Forest of Chaos were mostly composed of humans. Humans were gradually becoming the richest and most technologically advanced race on the continent.

Although the humans were still weaker than the spirit beasts and elves by a bit, their potential could be imagined.

The dwarves already had nothing.

Even being on alert, there was nothing to lie about, so he said everything he could say.

This dwarf's name was Tino Oldman and he lived in the Oldman Mines two hundred kilometers away. The Oldman Mines in its peak had around fifty thousand dwarves and over a hundred years of development, they had created a giant underground palace.

The dwarves had the same personality as the dragons, having a strong hobby of collecting things, liking to collect precious items. However, they did not want everything like the dragons and the dwarves only like collecting minerals. They liked precious metals, precious crystals, or divine weapons.

So the mines being operated for over a hundred years was no different from a hidden treasure!

This also became the source of their disasters!

The dwarves followed the dark forest principle and hid themselves from others. The only difference between them and other races was that once other races were discovered, they would immediately leave, but the dwarves would never let go of their mines.

When the Oldman Mine was revealed, it attracted countless people's greed.

But the dwarves were warriors by natural. They had very strong weapons and their warriors were very strong. Adding in the defenses built over a hundred years, it was hard for invaders to break through. They had been constantly attacked over the years, but the dwarves had won every time. Only, these fights consumed the dwarves' population, with only around half of their peak population remaining.

When the dwarves had been exhausted.

A powerful enemy had appeared!

This fellow was named the "Spider Count", Kanun!

Kanun used large amounts of bandits to attack from outside and sent a spider troop to launch an ambush in a tunnel they dug. After a long and tragic battle, the dwarves either died or were captured. The entire Oldman Mine had fallen to the enemy and even those that were lucky to escape were powerless.

The hundred years of dwarf wealth was occupied by Kanun and over a thousand dwarves were sent into human countries as slaves. The Oldman dwarf tribe was finished.

Tino drank wine cup after cup with a face filled with bitterness.

Vivian was filled with righteous indignation, "A nameless person this princess has never heard of actually dares to act this overbearing! Brother dwarf, don't worry, we will help you steal back your mines!"

Meng Yingying scratched her head as she was a bit confused, "I know Spirit Beasts and Elves, but what are Spirit Insects?"

From the nickname "Spider Count" and the description from the dwarf, it was clear this fellow was a Spirit Insect.